Category not inherited from template project

Get help from other users here.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

sintaq

Category not inherited from template project

Post by sintaq »

Hi all,
Im using Mantis 2.21.1 Below are the steps taken which resulted in category not inherited from the 'template' project

1) I've created a template project consists several tickets under it. Within the template project, I've created 2 categories(category A and category B) and 5 product's version. All tickets are assigned to to category B and each of the tickets are assigned to its respective product's version

2) I've created new project then I've copied categories and product's versions from the template project

3) I've then copy all tickets under the template project to the new project. The idea is to have the same structure of the template project

4) When I view (from view issues screen) the all tickets under the new project, I could see that each of the tickets under the new project are assigned accordingly to category B.

5) However, when I edit any of the tickets under the new projects, the category defaulted to category A instead which against the expectation which it should be under category B

I hope i get my situation clear and seek advise from the experts. Thanks
sintaq

Re: Category not inherited from template project

Post by sintaq »

I solved the needs by going View Issues > Select all issues > Update category then select the desired category