404 Error on changing password and closing bugs

Get help from other users here.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

andycharger

404 Error on changing password and closing bugs

Post by andycharger »

Hi all,

We have an older version of Mantis BT (1.2.19) running on an old server. It works great and has done for many many years.
The server it runs on is end of life so we are reinstalling that version (because we know it works) on a new server.

However, when we run the site on the new server, it has some odd behaviour. On trying to close a bug, you get a 404 error. Page cannot be found. Refresh the page a couple of times and it closes the bug.
Go to "My Account" and change my password. It again gives a 404 error and needs 2 or 3 refreshes to force the password to update.

Same thing happens when trying to upload files.

We then installed a brand new instance of BT (version 2.23) on the new server and the latest database. This is therefore totally unconnected with the original and it too suffers the same 3 refresh issues to make pages work.

Has anyone come across this? Anyone know if there is some form of config setup that we are missing from the steps? We are running it on IIS 8 with Windows server 2012 R2

Thanks ever so much in advance!
andycharger

Re: 404 Error on changing password and closing bugs

Post by andycharger »

Right, we have sorted this ourselves but thought I would post the solution in case anyone else has something similar.

The latest version of BT (2.23) has verbose errors on so we can get the dranular details out of the 404 error.

It was in fact a 404.19 error. This isn’t actually a true 404, it means that the page wasn’t displayed due to request filtering (and a 404 is therefore given).

This is functionality introduced in IIS 8 to try and stop injection attacks. One of the default words filtered out is “update”, which loads of the pages on Bugtracker have.

I removed “Update()” from the filtering, and no more 404s.

Fixed!