SYSTEM WARNING: open_basedir restriction in effect....

Get help from other users here.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

leblancma

Post by leblancma »

After upgrading from Mantis 1.0.0rc4 to 1.0.8, I get this error at the top of every page. The error does not appear on my production server running Mantis 1.0.1.
SYSTEM WARNING: open_basedir restriction in effect. File is in wrong directory
These servers are virtual servers running PHP 4.2.2 and MySQL 3.23.58.

The install script also gives the following
Warning: Cannot set time limit in safe mode in
%absolute_path%/admin/install.php on line 16
%absolute_path% is the place where I installed Mantis, and is fully developed in the actual message.

Question 1 - Could this problem be resolved if I ask the service provider to upgrade PHP to the latest version (5.2.4)?

Question 2 - Trying Mantis 1.1.0a1, I also saw the same error. Has it been fixed in 1.1.0a4?

This seems related to file uploads.
APPLICATION ERROR #503
Invalid upload path. Directory either does not exist or not writable to webserver
If I define the file upload path in a project, I can upload OK, but using the default destination fails.

Further information, just noticed
New users registering do not see the security image generated at line 63 of signup_page.php

Related to bugtracker issues 4197 and 6652. Should I open a new issue?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Maurice
thraxisp
Developer

Re: SYSTEM WARNING: open_basedir restriction in effect....

Post by thraxisp »

leblancma wrote:After upgrading from Mantis 1.0.0rc4 to 1.0.8, I get this error at the top of every page. The error does not appear on my production server running Mantis 1.0.1.
SYSTEM WARNING: open_basedir restriction in effect. File is in wrong directory
These servers are virtual servers running PHP 4.2.2 and MySQL 3.23.58.

Maurice
It looks like your test server is running in "safe mode" <ref http://ca3.php.net/features.safe-mode >. I believe that all directories and files opened need to be in the mantis root directory for this to work. You will probably have to change the default path to uploaded files (or use db storage).

... Glenn
--
Glenn Henshaw Logical Outcome Ltd.
Mantis developer and user w: http://www.logicaloutcome.ca
leblancma

Post by leblancma »

Thanks Glenn,

In config_inc.php I had configured $g_absolute_path_default_upload_folder with a typo.

Now the upload works, but I still get the SYSTEM WARNING about the open_basedir restriction. Would this be an indication that there is another error in my configuration, or is this just something we need to live with?

If so, how do I find it? I've looked all through the config_inc.php, so it may be in some other configuration file.

Regards,

Maurice