Help me migrate/upgrade from 1.0.7 to 1.1.1

Get help from other users here.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

sativo

Help me migrate/upgrade from 1.0.7 to 1.1.1

Post by sativo »

I have 1.0.7 installed on one server, but have recently setup a new server and I want to move it. I figure while I'm at it, I'll just upgrade too.

Problem is, I'm completely non-technical. At best, I can use phpmyadmin :-\ Can anyone recommend the path of least resistance?

Sativo
vboctor
Site Admin

Re: Help me migrate/upgrade from 1.0.7 to 1.1.1

Post by vboctor »

I would suggest you upgrade in place, then move the upgraded installation. Or the other way around, move the 1.0.7 installation, then upgrade to 1.1.1 on the new server. But don't do both in one go.
Migrate your MantisBT to the MantisHub Cloud
leblancma

Re: Help me migrate/upgrade from 1.0.7 to 1.1.1

Post by leblancma »

This thread comes just at the right time, since I'm moving from 1.0.1 to 1.1.1.

In my case we cannot upgrade in place because our old server only has PHP 4.2, and a more recent version is needed. The new server has all the upgraded goodies we need.

The plan I'm following is to export the old database using phpmyadmin (I do this anyway to backup our issues on a daily basis), then import it into an empty database on the new server. This will create all the tables using the 1.0.1 structure. I had tried installing 1.1.1 first, but then the import failed when it came to the first table where the structure had changed.

Once this is done, the install has altered the table structure and added new tables as needed. I now have a working installation, but I'm seeing some problems. These problems will be the subject of a new thread.
Regards,

Maurice