Publice project: restrict client to public items of 1 projec

Get help from other users here.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

ann

Publice project: restrict client to public items of 1 projec

Post by ann »

Hi,

I have projectA & projectB & projectC in Mantis.
For project B only the development team may see the bugs: the project is set private.
However voor project A & project C I want our customers to report bugs, without seeing the bugs already reported by our development team.
- I did set the visibility of project A & C to public, and set our team's reports of issues in project A & C to visibility=private.
- Still 1 problem: Customer A & C are reporters and can view & report issues both for (public) project A & C, which I do not want:
I want reporter and customer A only to view & report to project A (and not to C)

One moment I thought I could solve this by "Limit reporter's access to their own issues", but when I check the workflow threshold there is no checkbox present behind that option (default configuration).
Is there a way I can have customer A reporting for & viewing project A only, meanwhile having customer B reporting for & viewing project B only. Or a way to acitivate the checkbox behind the option "Limit reporter's access to their own issues"?
jb_mantis

Re: Publice project: restrict client to public items of 1 projec

Post by jb_mantis »

I believe you are right and you need to enable the "Limit reporter's access to their own issues" option. You mentioned there was no checkbox and this will happen if you are in a specific project. You need to change your scope to the "All Projects" and then it will appear. When I turned it on and checked the configuration report page, I saw an entry for an integer option called "limit_reporters" set to 1 for All users in All projects. In theory, if you need to enable this option only for specific options, you may be able to do so by setting this option to 1 for All users on specific projects using the "Set Configuration Option" section of the "Configuration Report" page, but I have not tested it and am not sure this option will focus at just the project level.
-Joe
Mantis Version: 1.1.2
Disclaimer: Answers are based on the Mantis version above and may be inaccurate for newer/older versions which may have different configuration options and/or functionality.
ann

Re: Publice project: restrict client to public items of 1 projec

Post by ann »

Changing de scope to all projects helped me to enable the "Limit reporter's access to their own issues" option. Thank you a lot :P