Roadmap and Change Log, how to activate it?

Get help from other users here.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

Mete

Roadmap and Change Log, how to activate it?

Post by Mete »

Hi :)

Have here in the forum already read it but I have become clever.

Can someone give me please step by step explain how I can activate roadmap and change Log?

My version is 1.1.6.

Thank you.
Mete

Re: Roadmap and Change Log, how to activate it?

Post by Mete »

More seriously, closes the forum here, because there is hardly a question answered, so it can not be described Help Forum. Sorry.
repp

Post by repp »

Well, all I know is you need to use 'target version' which can only be used if you click advanced report when entering a new defect. Still not sure why this isn't on the normal report or how to get it there....
joan

Post by joan »

Hi,
Hmm... I have the target version combobox even on the simple report...
Changelog : Manage Configuration > Workflow Thresholds > OTHERS > View Change Log. (Configurable per user types.)
Roadmap : I think I always had it visible. I actually had to modify the php manually to hide it.
zhirsr

Post by zhirsr »

Here is the skinny -->
  • ---fixed_in_version is what changelog is driven off of.
    ---target_version is where roadmap is pulling from.
Both these fields are populated off (get drop down from) the mantis_project_version_table. Roadmap looks for projects and project versions which are not marked as released and have unresolved bugs. changelog does the opposite -- looking for bugs with closed status.

If nothing is working, make sure you have versions on each of your projects
  • roadmap --> manage --> manage projects --> create a new project --> Mark project as in development --> roll down the page to enter the versions for that project --> make sure version is not set to released.

changelog --> manage --> manage projects --> create a new project --> Mark project as in development --> roll down the page to enter the versions for that project --> make sure version is set to released.
Hope this helps you in some small way.
Mete

Post by Mete »

No matter what I do, it comes only a blank page. Anyway thanks for the hints.
Weq

Post by Weq »

I've got the same problem
I try these things:
repp wrote:Well, all I know is you need to use 'target version' which can only be used...
joan wrote: Changelog : Manage Configuration > Workflow Thresholds > OTHERS > View Change Log. (Configurable per user types.)
zhirsr wrote: changelog --> manage --> manage projects --> create a new project --> Mark project as in development --> roll down the page to enter the versions for that project --> make sure version is set to released.
And changelog page is still blank.
I surf a bit through search, but found nothing, and forum is very big (maybe i used wrong keywords)

Regards,
Weq
maclark99

Post by maclark99 »

The key is to have a version defined that is unreleased. One then sets issues to be resolved in the target with the same version number. Issues that have not been resolved stay in the Roadmap under that version number. Once they are resolved they get a line through them and they show up on the changelog under the same version.

So:
1) Define a version
2) Edit it so that is marked as "unreleased"
3) Update issues to the project in question to be targeted with the same version
jshari2002

Post by jshari2002 »

Hi Guys,

Am still not clear how to assign the change log for the Mantis installed in my system. Followed the steps mentioned here. But all i can see is a blank page when i hit the change log link. Can anybody explain it little bit clear from the scratch???? Please provide the steps to be followed to initiate the change log.

I followed the instructions provided here too..

http://docs.mantisbt.org/master/en/admi ... guide.html

But still landed with an empty page. Please assist and advice.
istvanb

Post by istvanb »

When you move an issue to the resolved phase and the "fixed in" version equals the current version then the issue will show up in the changelog.