Enable all statuses for Manager/Administrator

Get help from other users here.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

deeky

Enable all statuses for Manager/Administrator

Post by deeky »

Hey there,

I've set up a custom workflow for my mantis bugtracker. I want only certain statuses for certain user roles. Everything is fine but now I'd like to have "Manager" or "Administartor" being able to set all statuses independant from the workflow. The purpose is to have one user role being able to "break" the workflow under certain circumstances.

Thanks for your support.

greetz,
deeky
jb_mantis

Re: Enable all statuses for Manager/Administrator

Post by jb_mantis »

I am assuming you used the "access levels" section of the Manage -> Manage Configuration -> Workflow Transitions page to setup the minimum access level required to change an issue to each status? If so, assuming the access level for the status is manager or below, any manager and administrator should be able to change an issue to that status. An administrator should always be able to change an issue to any status as I don't think you can set the status access to a level above administrator.
-Joe
Mantis Version: 1.1.2
Disclaimer: Answers are based on the Mantis version above and may be inaccurate for newer/older versions which may have different configuration options and/or functionality.