How to manage Features planned for one version?

Get help from other users here.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

How to manage Features planned for one version?

Post by Guest »

I have been using mantis for my own project for a while. It is simple and effective. Thanks.
I an looking for a way to manage features planned for one version.
For example, I plan to
improve manual(Issue #111)
and
change the logo(Issue #112)
in version 4.1.rc1
I have taken a look at mantis' own issues, and it seems that Issue #0004181 is just created for this purpose.

In some issue tracking systems. There is a field called "target version" which can be set for each planned verion.
In my own mantis(Mantis 1.0.0a3), I can't set a "target version" to each issue.
Is it(target version) supported by Mantis? Is it planned?
siberian

Re: How to manage Features planned for one version?

Post by siberian »

This question is post by me. I didn't know that mantis forum allows a "guest" to post message.

I have been using mantis for my own project for a while. It is simple and effective. Thanks.
I an looking for a way to manage features planned for one version.
For example, I plan to
improve manual(Issue 111)
and
change the logo(Issue 112)
in version 4.1.rc1
I have taken a look at mantis' own issues, and it seems that Issue #0004181 is just created for this purpose.

In some issue tracking systems. There is a field called "target version" which can be set for each planned verion.
In my own mantis(Mantis 1.0.0a3), I can't set a "target version" to each issue.
Is it(target version) supported by Mantis? Is it planned?
thraxisp
Developer

Post by thraxisp »

There are two schools of thought on this.

You can use the umbrella issue as we do for Mantis. In this case, each issue is a child of the umbrella parent. This gives a summary of the issues being resolved in the parent issue.

You could also set the fixed-in version early on in the process, when the issue is confirmed. This allows one to use the filter to select all issues in a release.
--
Glenn Henshaw Logical Outcome Ltd.
Mantis developer and user w: http://www.logicaloutcome.ca
siberian

Post by siberian »

thraxisp wrote:There are two schools of thought on this.

You can use the umbrella issue as we do for Mantis. In this case, each issue is a child of the umbrella parent. This gives a summary of the issues being resolved in the parent issue.

You could also set the fixed-in version early on in the process, when the issue is confirmed. This allows one to use the filter to select all issues in a release.
Thanks.
I have create a "=versions" custom fields to do this job.
reinbeck

Post by reinbeck »

Did you manage to get a combo box for your custom field with the versions you have created for the project in the project administration.
If yes, I would be very much interested in your solution.