Mantis Cookies

Get help from other users here.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

ElgerJ

Mantis Cookies

Post by ElgerJ »

Hi,

I am using 1.0.0rc1 on a non-modified XAMPP distribution. Whenever i try to login i get the following message: "Your browser either doesn't know how to handle cookies, or refuses to handle them."
I tried with IE and Firefox after i haxored my username in the mantis_user table.

Installing was no problem.

Any help would be great. If someone wants more details, i can give it.

Regards,
Elger
thraxisp
Developer

Post by thraxisp »

Mantis uses cookies to pass information between pages. Your browser is probably configured not to accept cookies, or the cookie domain and the web page domain don't match.
--
Glenn Henshaw Logical Outcome Ltd.
Mantis developer and user w: http://www.logicaloutcome.ca
Apivita

Post by Apivita »

Hi,

I created a login page in order to make double login for both mantis and horde but when I put my login.php file outside the mantis folder it doesn't work. If I put it in the mantis folder it works perfectly and logs me in. I suppose it has to do with the domain cookie. How can I avoid this? The message when my script is outside the mantis folder is the same as ElgerJ's message.

Any ideas please? For example should I pass some specific value in a parameter like $f_from = gpc_get_string( 'from', '' ); ???

Thanks in advance for your reply. :)
ravindra

Re: Mantis Cookies

Post by ravindra »

Hi Elger,

Did you found any solution for this, please let me know as I too getting the same issue.

Thanks & Regards,
B.Ravindra.
vboctor
Site Admin

Post by vboctor »

Search for the word "cookie" in config_defaults_inc.php to know the configuration options that you may need to tune. The ones I think will need to alter are:

$g_cookie_path
$g_cookie_domain

Are you using sub-domains? If so, then you will need to setup cookie domain to:

".example.com" -- notice the dot before example.com.
Migrate your MantisBT to the MantisHub Cloud
m.abdullah

Post by m.abdullah »

Hi ElgerJ ,
I've having this issue now, so i'm trying to investigate the cause of the problem.
May i know does your webpage or domain has any special character in it like "_"?
Thanks.