UPGRADE DOES NOT WORK

Get help from other users here.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

moricio

UPGRADE DOES NOT WORK

Post by moricio »

Hi.

I have had a very stable installation of 1.1.1 for over 4 years now. I wanted to upgrade to version 1.1.8. Copied the code files to the web server. And fire it up.

As soon as I get the login screen I get this.

WARNING: [53/63] The database structure may be out of date. Please upgrade here before logging in.

(debug data is 53 is the db version and 63 is the mantis version).

I click the word "here" and I'm redirected to the http://soporte.ipvmovil.com/admin/install.php page. Everything looks Ok there. I click on the [Install/Upgrade Database" and then it starts to "upgrade" and as soon as it gets to the [Schema CreateTableSQL ( mantis_email_table )] it fails miserably. The upgrade process tries to create this [mantis_email_table] when the system already has one with my data on it.

Questions:

1. Why the upgrade tries to create a table already existing in the system?
2. How do I upgrade my system to 1.1.8 version?

Thanks in advance to everybody.

Mauricio Ramirez
rattkin

Re: UPGRADE DOES NOT WORK

Post by rattkin »

I have the same problem when I try to upgrade 1.0.8 to 1.1.8.

I tried keeping the database and upgrading via /admin/install.php, following http://www.mantisbt.org/manual/manual.i ... rading.php. The process tries to create tables which allready exist, can i skip them?

I also tried to do a clean install and then loading just the data from older version, like it was suggested somewhere on this forum, had simmilar problems.

Do I need to upgrade to intermediate version, like 1.1.0?
Can i upgrade directly to 1.2.0rc? I tried that, but I had the same problems.
moricio

Post by moricio »

Hi!

Shall we install each version up from the one we have installed?

Just a tought ...

M.
vboctor
Site Admin

Post by vboctor »

- Is this problem still reproducible?
- Did you have any customizations where you created your own tables?
- Did you open a bug in the bug tracker? http://www.mantisbt.org/bugs/?

There is no requirement to upgrade one version at a time. The only requirement is for releases pre-1.0 to upgrade to 1.0.0, then the latest 1.x.x version. This requirement doesn't apply in this case.
Migrate your MantisBT to the MantisHub Cloud
msdn7946

Post by msdn7946 »

I am still getting this problem. I am trying to upgrade from 1.1.2 to 1.1.8

I think the only customization we have is that another guy updated the site to match our internal branding (to make some manager happy :roll: ). I have not posted a bug; I thought that I should check if I have missed something before posting a bug.

Using mysqldump and Kdiff3 to check, I have found that there was one difference between our current schema and a clean 1.1.8 schema. This SQL fixes it:

Code: Select all

ALTER TABLE mantis_bug_history_table
ALTER field_name DROP DEFAULT,
ALTER old_value DROP DEFAULT,
ALTER new_value DROP DEFAULT;
Apart from that the only text diffs then where the AUTO_INCREMENT values which is expected.

In our schema we don’t have the mantis_upgrade_table. I don’t know what has happened to the database; someone else might have updated it and made a mess of it, but it does seem to work fine currently.

If I follow the update link it lists updates from "0.17-jf-1" to "def_fixed_in_v", I've checked a few and they all seem to be applied.

Can you help me with this? We find mantis very useful and plan to make better use of it but I would like to get upgraded as there are a few features that would be useful to us.

Thanks in advance.

Steve
msdn7946

Post by msdn7946 »

I have looked into the mantis bugtracker and found the following two bugs:

http://www.mantisbt.org/bugs/view.php?id=8808

http://www.mantisbt.org/bugs/view.php?id=8846

#8846 might have helped me with this query:

Code: Select all

select * from mantis_config_table where config_id='database_version';
In our table we had the following values:

config_id: database_version
project_id: 20
user_id: 0
access_reqd: 90
type: 1
value: 63

I changed project_id from 20 to 0 and the warning does not appear now. Does this mean that we should be sorted?
grahamrb

Post by grahamrb »

Just wanted to drop a message in here to say that I had a value of 20 in the project_id field for some reason, I edited the table to value 0 and the install was then successful. I was trying to upgrade from 1.1.1 to 1.2 however when that didn't work I tried 1.1.1 to 1.8 which also failed. Upgrades were successful once I made the change to the database.