mailto custom field not working

Get help from other users here.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

dedoid

mailto custom field not working

Post by dedoid »

dear All ,
sorry for bother first of all, but I'm not able to solve a small problem and I need your help.

I've put a custom field "email" in the report page , and I supposed I've to enter an email address in there .
doing so it happens I received no error but unfortunately, also the receiver doesn't received the mail .
I'm using one "tested" address, one that normally for other projects receive mail notification without problem .
I was wondering something is wrong in my configuration of the custom field, or maybe I don't have to enter the mail address but something else ( I don't know ) .

everything regarding the mail notification works fine so I suppose the general configuration is ok , but if there's something to check , please just give me an input on where to look at :) .
I'm posting the configuration of the above field hoping it could help. ( if the Italian language is a problem I can switch the language setting).

if you need any further information I can turn it to you without problem .
thx in advance for your help and time .

regards
Mantis 1.1.8
PHP 5.2.6
SQLite version 2.8.17
Wamp server 2.0
dedoid

Re: mailto custom field not working

Post by dedoid »

dear All ,
unfortunately I was not able to get out of troubles with this custom field.
:oops:

maybe there's another way to send an email to people not directly involved in the project? I dont' know .

Unfortunately I'm not able to load in here the screen shot of the current configuration too ( 60kb I don't think is too big ) .

any help will be very appreciated .

thx in advance .

regards
Mantis 1.1.8
PHP 5.2.6
SQLite version 2.8.17
Wamp server 2.0
Buga

Post by Buga »

Hi
the custom field of type email ist a normal textbox. the only difference is that the input is checkef with a regular expression. There is no function behind to send any emails. you can jsut stroe mails there and can be sure that a mailadress is entered.

if you want to inform other users use the monitor function
dedoid

Post by dedoid »

thank you Buga.
So as I understand , the mailto field doesn't allow me to do what I'm looking for .
But , apart from the monitor function you suggest , is there any other function I can use to send email to people not involved in the project and , maybe not registerd on Mantis?

thanks in advance .
Mantis 1.1.8
PHP 5.2.6
SQLite version 2.8.17
Wamp server 2.0
subhead

Post by subhead »

first, hello to all.

i have the same issue like the OP. i want to notify an single person, that is not user of the bugtracker, when a new bug is opened/closed/updated.
Buga wrote:Hi
the custom field of type email ist a normal textbox. the only difference is that the input is checkef with a regular expression. There is no function behind to send any emails. you can jsut stroe mails there and can be sure that a mailadress is entered.

if you want to inform other users use the monitor function
when i click the monitor button in an ticket, i´am not able to insert an email adress from an custom recipient. the monitor function only add me to the monitoring. how can i notify an user that is not member of the bugtracker?

hope someone can help with that issue.

kind regards and thanks for any help

subhead
subhead

Post by subhead »

first, hello to all.

i have the same problem as the thread starter. i need the ability to send an notification to an email adress, that is not assigned to a member of the bugtracker.
when i try to do that with the monitor function, mantis adds only myself to the monitoring. i can´t add there an additional email adress, so i can´t notify anybody that is not member of the bugtracker.

is there any other solution to solve that issue?

thanks for any help!

kind regards
subhead
OmniTRANS

Post by OmniTRANS »

I have the same question too. I added a custom field; "client feedback". I really want to add an email addresses in this field and configure Mantis that an email is automatically sent to the email addresses when the issue is closed. Does somebody has an idea how to figure this out? Thanks :)!
arhasa

Post by arhasa »

Hi,

Please if somebody found a solution, share it here or contact me.

many thanks in advance
cas

Post by cas »

There is only one way to solve this in a decent way and that is to create a plugin that can hold one or more email addresses that get an email based upon certain changes. The developers already have made a provision for this as can be seen in core\email_api.php.
There is a signal_event which allow for exactly this:
$t_recipients_include_data = event_signal( 'EVENT_NOTIFY_USER_INCLUDE', array( $p_bug_id, $p_notify_type ) );
So the pluging would need to address the above event and with some additional coding you wopuld be in business.
Once you are done, do not forget to post it here so others can use it too !!!
arhasa

Post by arhasa »

has anybody tested the "Notif" plugin?

it looks like it does the trick
cas

Post by cas »

if you are looking at the website of Deboutv, the answer is that his plugins are not compatible with the plugin system of mantis 1.2
whitesnake82

Post by whitesnake82 »

Yes , I want to do the same, but I don´t find how to do this modification
subhead wrote:first, hello to all.

i have the same problem as the thread starter. i need the ability to send an notification to an email adress, that is not assigned to a member of the bugtracker.
when i try to do that with the monitor function, mantis adds only myself to the monitoring. i can´t add there an additional email adress, so i can´t notify anybody that is not member of the bugtracker.

is there any other solution to solve that issue?

thanks for any help!

kind regards
subhead
Well , I hope that someone could help with this
cas

Post by cas »

you can use the attached plugin as a baseline.
It adds an option on the bug-view page to send soem elements of the bug to an email recipient :mrgreen:
Attachments
Forward.zip
(4.21 KiB) Downloaded 547 times
whitesnake82

Post by whitesnake82 »

cas wrote:you can use the attached plugin as a baseline.
It adds an option on the bug-view page to send soem elements of the bug to an email recipient :mrgreen:
Ok, I will view that plugin if it's work for me
whitesnake82

Post by whitesnake82 »

cas wrote:you can use the attached plugin as a baseline.

Well, I tested the plugin and works fine, but the body of the send message is too simple for what I need, Can you help me to show me the code to add more fields like Handler_id , Status, Bugnotes ...

I try add this line code but only show me in the body of the message the "Status :"

Code: Select all

$tpl_show_status = $tpl_bug->status;
$f_body		.= lang_get( 'status' );
$f_body		.= " : ";
$f_body		.= $tpl_show_status ;
$f_body 	.= "\n\n";
Thanks, and I hope that you can help me