creating an issue in a mantis instance from another instance

Post about your customizations to share with others.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

Nau Kofi

creating an issue in a mantis instance from another instance

Post by Nau Kofi »

Hello everybody,

I have look thru the all forum, and I have not found what I was looking for - perhaps someone could help me.

In my company, we have 2 instances of mantis : a "support BT" and a "dev BT". The customer can only add issues to the "support BT", and it's the support team who decides if the issue must be forwarded to the "dev BT"'.

Today, the support team has to manually create an issue into the "dev BT", copying all the informations from the "support issue" to the "dev issue".

What we would like (at best) should be :
  • The support team assign an issue to a special user ("dev"), or click on a "Send to dev" button ;
  • Automatically, a new issue is created into the "dev BT", with all the notes from the "support issue" ;
  • The "dev issue" hold the "support ID" in a custom field ;
  • A note is added to the "support issue" ("Issue sent to dev team" - ideally with the "dev ID") ;
  • When the "dev issue" is solved, a note is added to the "support issue" ("Solved by dev team"), only if the "support ID" custom field is not empty.
Should be nice, no ?

Since I'm a total newbie in mantis, I would appreciate any suggestion about the following questions (if the suggestions are "RTFM" ones, could you add a chapter name, it would be nice :)) :
  • Is it possible to handle the "issue assigned" event, and how, and retrieve the assigned user name ou user ID ?
  • What could be the best strategy to create an issue into the "dev BT" instance, and place into it the data of the new issue ?
  • Is it possible to handle the "status changed" event, and how ?
And, very important, all this with the minimum modifications of mantis core, to permit painless upgrades of mantis.

Thank you in advance for any answer,

Regards
atrol
Site Admin

Re: creating an issue in a mantis instance from another inst

Post by atrol »

First question is: Which version of MantisBT do you use?
You should use 1.2 , because there is a plugin system included which helps to develop own functionality without changing the MantisBT core.
Please use Search before posting and read the Manual
Nau Kofi

Post by Nau Kofi »

Hi atrol,

thanks for your anwser.

Unfortunately, it seems that we are using version 1.1.2.

But I could propose an upgrade if it would permit to implement a solution.

Regards
cas

Post by cas »

I have created a plugin that allows for moving an issue from one instance to another.
The plugin works for version 1.2.x
However i do have the instructions to implement this for versions below that. This does mean making some changes to the existing code!
Drop me a pm if you want more info.