Dashboard Plugins

Post about your customizations to share with others.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

dcary

Dashboard Plugins

Post by dcary »

Hello, I am very new to Mantis. I was wondering if anyone has come up with a dashboard that will show very condensed information useful to tracking data from the site? Or if there is a way to keep a link to excel open so that way I don't have to export new data all the time. Things I would like to do is track past due tickets, and tickets that are due today, 3 days out, 7, 10, 14, and anything after 14 days. Then I want to track information by developer. Same information. Graphs would be useful. Any assistance would be helpful. My mantis already has the summary page and mantisstats along with graphs, but customization for them is very limited and the summary page is very bloated, hard to read.
Starbuck

Re: Dashboard Plugins

Post by Starbuck »

EDIT: OOPS! You already said you use the Summary page.
I deleted my suggestion for that.
If you want Mantis to work differently, use or create a plugin. Visit the Plugins forums.
Ask developers to create a plugin that you need - and motivate them to help you!
Starbuck

Re: Dashboard Plugins

Post by Starbuck »

I recommend being very specific about what you'd like to see so that someone can make a specific suggestion.

Are your developers skilled with PHP? If so then you probably just need guidance on how to do customizations.
Here is the doc for developers.

A plugin can handle events, like when the status of a ticket changes. You can capture relevant data at that time and invoke whatever customization you wish to export the data into a Google Sheet, or aggregate and email updates, or invoke a web service that does whatever your developers have created in your environment.

UI customization is a separate concept, and frankly I don't know how we would approach enhancements to the Summary page yet, but this would be a great opportunity for us to learn.

If you want a solution soon and your staff doesn't have the bandwidth for this task, consider a request for a plugin in the plugins forum, and be prepared to motivate a developer in some way to create a custom solution for you.

HTH
If you want Mantis to work differently, use or create a plugin. Visit the Plugins forums.
Ask developers to create a plugin that you need - and motivate them to help you!