Closed IDs not showing Strikethrough

Post about your customizations to share with others.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

joelgb

Closed IDs not showing Strikethrough

Post by joelgb »

Hello all,
We recently upgraded from 1.3.x to 2.16.0.
On the "View Issues" tab we used to see IDs with Strikethrough text on issues that had been closed. Is it possible to make this happen in 2.16.0 as well?

I looked at https://mantisbt.org/bugs/view.php?id=22492 and verified that the fix in css/default.css is present (it was), but still no strikethrough text on our Issue IDs.

Could this be somehow related to us using: $g_status_enum_string = '10:new,20:feedback,30:acknowledged,40:confirmed,50:assigned,90:closed'; ? i.e. we are not using "resolved".

Thanks,
Joel
atrol
Site Admin

Re: Closed IDs not showing Strikethrough

Post by atrol »

I tried on a 1.3.x test system and did not see any strikethrough text for resolved or closed issues.
Do you really mean the "View Issues" page where multiple issues are listed in a grid?
Please use Search before posting and read the Manual
joelgb

Post by joelgb »

Hi atrol,
yes I mean on the View Issues section, but maybe I am remembering incorrectly and they weren't strikethrough in that list(?).

As you know, the UI changes between 1.3 and 2.x are a lot different. Many of us keep our "Filters" view set to show closed issues, but have relied upon the row-level coloring to distinguish between the issue states. Not having row-level coloring instantly makes it difficult for us to tell at a glance the state of an issue (I see that there is a small color status box, but with large monitors, it's not really easy to quickly distinguish)

So I was thinking if the ID showed strikethough, that could be an easy way to tell if an issue is already closed. Or is there a way to bring back the row-level coloring?

Thanks!
Joel
atrol
Site Admin

Post by atrol »

There was some discussion around this https://www.mantisbt.org/bugs/view.php?id=21724

I suggest to work some weeks with the new style.
After that, your users might no longer ask for old style coloring.
It needs some time to get used to it, especially for those users (like me) that worked daily since years with old Mantis.
joelgb

Post by joelgb »

atrol,
Thank you for the help. I'm going to try out the plugin listed by "simtel" in that bug ( https://github.com/wiz78/BetterStatusColors ). Perhaps it will be a good temporary solution while we get used to the new layout/design.

-Joel
atrol
Site Admin

Post by atrol »

Nice little plugin.
I had a short look at it.
I expect minor performance issues when viewing lot of issues with older browsers or systems with weak CPU.