Multiselect List custon field size

Post about your customizations to share with others.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

vzw614

Multiselect List custon field size

Post by vzw614 »

We have a custom field that is defined as a multiselection list. In it we have a list of all of our developers seperated by the pipe character (|).

The text box for Possible Values on manage_custom_field_edit_page.php was hard coded at 255 length. I increased that to 1000. I also increased the size of the possible_values field in the database table to 1000.

When we submit a new issue the dropdown list for our custom field only displays the first 255 characters. Any idea where else I need to make changes so that the entire list is included in the dropdown list?

I did verify that the characters past 255 are being stored in the database now.

Also, why allow the Max. Length of a custom field to be changed if Mantis can only deal with 255 characters? At the least the largest Max. Length that should be allowed should be 255.

Thanks
Curtis
vzw614

Re: Multiselect List custon field size

Post by vzw614 »

After some futher investigation I'm pretty sure the problem is when the value is being retrieved from the database. I found this line of code in \core\adodb\drivers\adodb-mssql.inc.php

Code: Select all

// returns concatenated string
// MSSQL requires integers to be cast as strings
// automatically cast every datatype to VARCHAR(255)
    function Concat()
    {
            $s = "";
            $arr = func_get_args();

// Split single record on commas, if possible
            if (sizeof($arr) == 1) {
                foreach ($arr as $arg) {
                    $args = explode(',', $arg);
                }
                $arr = $args;
            }

array_walk($arr, create_function('&$v', '$v = "CAST(" . $v . " AS VARCHAR(255))";'));
            $s = implode('+',$arr);
            if (sizeof($arr) > 0) return "$s";

return '';
I think the issue is in the line with array_walk where everything is cast as VARCHAR(255).

Any thoughts?