Change Resolution Options

Post about your customizations to share with others.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

thegisguy

Change Resolution Options

Post by thegisguy »

I wanted to change the options in the Resolution drop down list on the change status page. I figured I would do it the same way I did for severity. Following the directions in the Unofficial way to customize Severity & Priority thread. However all that did was reduce the options without changing the values. I'll explain what I did then what happened and I hope someone can help.

In custom_strings_inc.php I added the line:

$g_resolution_enum_string = '10:Completed,20:Not Completed,30:Fixed,40:Can Not Fix';

In config_inc.php I added the line:

$g_resolution_enum_string = '10:Completed,20:Not Completed,30:Fixed,40:Can Not Fix';

Now when I got to the change status page I get the "Old" Resolution values of

Open
Fixed
Reopened
Unable to Reproduce

Which are basically the first four options under the default resolution reasons. What am I missing?
apandit

Re: Change Resolution Options

Post by apandit »

it should be $s_resolution_enum_string right? And I replaced it in the actual lang files (ie strings_english.txt). This works but you're limited to only using english for the tracker.
thegisguy

Post by thegisguy »

Thanks I changed the G to an S in "$g_resolution_enum_string" in the custom_strings_inc.php file. It's working fine now.

Thanks again.
jamieplusone

Post by jamieplusone »

I have a slightly different request where I wanted to add some extra options to the list of resolutions. I've tried by adding the $s_resolution_enum_string to custom_strings_inc.php and config_inc.php

No extra options appear on the list. I can change the text of the current values (10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80 and 90) but if I try to add a new status it just doesn't show up. I've been trying to use the following list of resolutions:

$s_resolution_enum_string = '10:open,30:reopened,40:unable to reproduce,60:duplicate,61:testpack error,62:code error,63:keying error,64:product error,65:specification error,66:design error,67:doc change,68:doc change plus patch,69:duplicate,70:information,71:new feature,72:new program,73:no change,74:not a fault,75:operator error,76:other...,77:patch,78:reproduce,79:verify,80:withdrawn,81:work around,82:works';

Any ideas? Is there a step I'm missing or is this simply not possible?

Cheers,

Jamie
thegisguy

Post by thegisguy »

Jamie,

I could be wrong and some one will hopefully correct me if I am incorrect. But I think you are adding values to the list you need to add the new values to the constant_inc.php file.
tcaddoo

Post by tcaddoo »

Is it possible to modify these values via the GUI in Manage Configuration?
jb_mantis

Post by jb_mantis »

See my post on a similar discussion here.
http://www.mantisbt.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6351
-Joe
Mantis Version: 1.1.2
Disclaimer: Answers are based on the Mantis version above and may be inaccurate for newer/older versions which may have different configuration options and/or functionality.