Can change status to Released in Mantis 1.2.3 ?

Get help from other users here.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

jithinkcs

Can change status to Released in Mantis 1.2.3 ?

Post by jithinkcs »

Hi All,

While i change the status to "released" it shows as "Resolved".

Mantis 1.2.3 [ Issue found after upgrading from 1.0.6 to 1.2.3]

MySQL 5.1.30

PHP 5.2.8

Apache 2.2.11
istvanb

Re: Can change status to Released in Mantis 1.2.3 ?

Post by istvanb »

You have to change it in the custom_strings_inc.php like this:

Code: Select all

$s_status_enum_string =
       '10:Reported,
	   20:Assigned,
	   30:In work,
	   40:Solution under review,
	   50:Implementation,
	   60:Verification,
	   85:Resolved,
	   90:Closed';
And in the config_inc.php like this

Code: Select all

$g_status_enum_string = '10:Reported,20:Assigned,30:In work,40:Solution under review,50:Implementation,60:Verification,85:Resolved,90:Closed';
jithinkcs

Post by jithinkcs »

Hi,

Please my configuration in config_inc.php
$g_status_enum_string =
'10:new,15:Requirement,20:feedback,30:acknowledged,33:Pending,38:Not A Bug,
40:confirmed,41:Not Reproducible,42:Onsite Verified,50:assigned,55:WIP,60:to be tested,78:Offshore resolved,79:onsite VSS merged,80:resolved,85:Offshore Verified,86:released,88:Verified,90:closed';

In custom_strings_inc.php

$g_status_enum_string =
'10:new,15:Requirement,20:feedback,30:acknowledged,33:Pending,38:Not A Bug,
40:confirmed,41:Not Reproducible,42:Onsite Verified,50:assigned,55:WIP,60:to be tested,78:Offshore resolved,79:onsite VSS merged,80:resolved,85:Offshore Verified,86:released,88:Verified,90:closed';

Still not resolved ....
Any other idea ?
istvanb

Post by istvanb »

Well... I assume it is resolved HOWEVER:

you have to log in as an admin got to the manage/manage configuration/workflow transitions and make it possible to "step into" and "step out" from the new phases.

You wont see you newly configured phases until its not possible to the users to move the issue to that phase! Also I recommend to not creaet your phases right next to each other (like 40 and 41) because later you wont be able to insert a new phase if required!

let me know!
jithinkcs

Post by jithinkcs »

Hi ,

In Workflow transition i just set "Status where an issue is considered resolved = released" . Now i can move the bugs status to "Released". But in the
"My view page" i can not see an resolved issues in resolved category. All the resolved issues moved to unassigned category. Is there any other option to make it proper.

Regards
Jithin k
istvanb

Post by istvanb »

Hmmm... wierd. What you mean on "All the resolved issues moved to unassigned category"?

I am not sure about the problem. I recommend to create a new issue and start moving it from "new" to "closed" and check if it ever shows up in the resolved window.

Another note: I am not sure what is the purpose of 38:not a bug or 41: not Reproducible because these are Resolution categories. In other words when you resolve an issue then you can set these as "Resolution". As you organized your steps it will be a little bit hard to track these things, because your resolved category is called RELEASED. A problem can be resolved not just by releasing but also by rejecting or "wont fix" etc etc.
jithinkcs

Post by jithinkcs »

Hi,

In "My view page" the "Resolved category" consist of only "Released" issue and the " Resolved" is shown in the "Assigned to Me" category ( Ref Image 1)

Jk
Attachments
image1.JPG
image1.JPG (197.8 KiB) Viewed 10817 times
istvanb

Post by istvanb »

Ok. You may already know what I will tell you so just forget about it if you are already aware of this.

In Mantis an issue can be in one of these 3 main "buckets":
1, open (so it is not resolved and not Closed)
2, resolved (the developer believes the problem is fixed and provides a Resolution)
3, closed (Resolution is confirmed and we have nothing to do with the issue anymore eg: problem fixed, "not a bug" etc)

These things are completely independent from the name of what you assign to them (in other word which is visible to the user). If you want you can call your "bucket number2" as "released" and there could be a phase named "resolved" which is in fact belongs to the "open" bucket. I think this is the problem with your workflow and this causes confustion.

Basically you phases from 10 to 85 belongs to the "open" bucket. Phase 86 belongs to the "resolved" bucket. Phase 88 is a questionmark for me, I dont know if it belongs to the open or the resolved bucket. 90 belongs to the closed bucket.

If you move your issue the phase what you see as "resolved" actually it does not belong to the real "resolved" bucket, but it still considered as an open issue. Thats why you see what you see in the MyView page.

I hope it was clear enough and helps you.

let me know!
i-
jithinkcs

Post by jithinkcs »

Hi,

Thanks for your response.

Can i ask you one thing .. If i change the status to "Released" why it should change to "Released" . In my older mantis ( Mantis 1.0.6) its working fine.

Custom_string _inc.php and config_inc.php is Ok. Any other guess ?
istvanb

Post by istvanb »

I dont understand your question. I assume what you wanted to ask is this:

If i change the status to "Released" why it should change to "RESOLVED"

Because you have set the "Status where an issue is considered resolved" to released under manage/manage configuration/workflow transitions

I have no experience anything below 1.2.2.

Maybe 1.0.6 has no such a feature, but I am not sure since I have never used it.
jithinkcs

Post by jithinkcs »

Hi istvanb,

Thanks for your quick response. But after doing that my Resolved issues found in " Assigned to me" bucket.

"If you move your issue the phase what you see as "resolved" actually it does not belong to the real "resolved" bucket, but it still considered as an open issue. Thats why you see what you see in the MyView page "

The above was my exact issue. Is there any way i can move the "resolved" issue to my "resolved" bucket

Regards
Jithin
istvanb

Post by istvanb »

Before I try to answer: because of the constant confusion of what is resolved what is not I have introduced a new term: system-resolved. This means Resolved what the mantis considers as resolved! user-resolved means the workflow phase which SAYS "resolved". I hope it is clear, because I got very confused now :)

The answer to your question is: Yes :) Set the "Status where an issue is considered resolved" to "user-resolved" under manage/manage configuration/workflow transitions. Unfortunately if there are workflow phases between you system-resolved and you system-closed then issues in those phases are considered as system-open issues. It looks like bucket2 can have only one element.

Conclusion: your system-resolved phase should be right before your system-closed phase.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is exactly what I tried to explain above. Since your user-resolved is not equal to your system-resolved a continuous confusion has been created.