Unable to install Mantis

Get help from other users here.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

davesnothere

Unable to install Mantis

Post by davesnothere »

I'm getting stuck at the beginning, the Check and Install Database step.

The machine I'm trying to install on is a managed server and I have access thru plesk. I've created the DB, user/pass in plesk, and inputted it into the mantis install form. I get "BAD Does administrative user have access to the database? ( Access denied for user 'mantis'@'localhost' (using password: YES) )" when the script attempts to connect to the DB as asmin.

I've tried checking the 'Print SQL Queries instead of Writing to the Database ' option, but it won't output the sql queries. How can I find out what the setup queries are so I can execute them thru phpmysql? Is there a better solution? Direct Admin access to mysql is NOT an option.

OMM
mantis 1.2.8
PHP Version 5.2.6-1+lenny16
MYSQL 5.0.51a
istvanb

Re: Unable to install Mantis

Post by istvanb »

I have created a video long time ago about how to install mantis. Check it out if it helps: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSoleZn5o18
davesnothere

Post by davesnothere »

Thanks for the link. That's a good video.

Unfortunately, it doesn't solve my problem. I cannot get past the initial install window. When I press the 'install' button (about 8:28 in your video), I get some green, and a red error:

>BAD
>Does administrative user have access to the database? ( Access denied for user 'mantis'@'localhost' (using password: YES) )

I cannot get past this. As I stated before, because this is a Plesk managed server, I do NOT have the Admin user for mysql. I can, and have, created the DB by thur the Plesk interface by using phpmyadmin. What I need is the SQL queries generated by the installer so I can manually enter them in phpmyadmin. I've tried checking the 'Print SQL Queries instead of Writing to the Database ', but they are not printing. I just keep getting the same error.

Mantis looks like exactly what I need, but I can't get it installed. Can someone help me get past this screen?
istvanb

Post by istvanb »

Yeah, sorry mate, I am not a db guy. Its somewhat interesting that you can create tables via phpmyadmin, but if you use the same pw then mantis can not. But that could be some magic with db.

I would log in to the IRC at www.mantisbt.org, there are some guys who might can help you.

Also if you set up a mysql database on your computer, create a db there (where you can be admin) and then dump the database from your computer to the target server might work (or fail if you dont have the credentials).

I know this is not a big help, just want to give you some ideas may work.