Updated Images & Icons

Post about your customizations to share with others.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

consult1

Updated Images & Icons

Post by consult1 »

Greetings,

I just joined the Mantis Forum. I am a new user. First let me thank the creators for sharing this as open source, next let me thank the community for sharing and developing.

One of the first things I did with my installation is update the look. I found some good changes to the css in the Forum. The next thing I did was update the icon images. (No offense) the current icons had an Office '97 feel. I am Mac user, so I updated (almost all of ) the icons to an Mac/Office for Mac/Mac CS4 look. This is my first share, I hope to have more.

I am using Mantis 1.2.10. Just unzip the attached file and replace your current images folder with mine. Note: If you have any custom images, they will be lost, in that case, copy and paste (replace) your images with mine.

Feel free to add these to any future releases/updates of mantis.
screenshot images updated
screenshot images updated
Screen_Shot_images.png (81.61 KiB) Viewed 11680 times
screenshot icons updated
screenshot icons updated
Screen_Shot_icons.png (105.58 KiB) Viewed 11680 times
images.zip
zip file of updated images & icons
(195.16 KiB) Downloaded 660 times
atrol
Site Admin

Re: Updated Images & Icons

Post by atrol »

Thanks for your contribution.
I added a link to your post to http://www.mantisbt.org/forums/viewtopi ... =4&t=20127

Can this images be used without getting any licensing problems?
Please use Search before posting and read the Manual
consult1

Post by consult1 »

As far as I know the images can be used without ant issues.

They were recreated icons, not the original icons. They only look similar. (Hard to tell at that size and resolution.)

Just search "icons and you will find tons of recreated free icon packs in the Internet that look similar to the program's icons.

Furthermore, when web sites post documents (the US federal government, US state governments, universities, and businesses) they use (and can use) the actual icons to represent the document type. By default, if you have a free reader/player program (acrobat reader, ms powerpoint reader, abobe flash player, apple quicktime player) on your computer (desktop, server, mobile device) by default it assigns it's native program icon to that file type.

It is the same manner that people use twitter, facebook, digg, etc icons as buttons to link to their feeds.
andybreanna

Post by andybreanna »

Thanks for you contribution your images.It is very useful to me