MSSQL query errors when managing issues

General discussion of Mantis.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

Jepolis

MSSQL query errors when managing issues

Post by Jepolis »

After numerous attempts and a lot of blood, sweat and tears I finally got Mantis installed using IIS and SQL Server. At the first glance everything seemed fine - I configured the system, created projects and issues and so on.

The problem started to occur when it was time for the go-live. As soon as I started to create new users and assign issues to them I got some db errors:

APPLICATION ERROR #401
Database query failed. Error received from database was #0: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]Invalid parameter number for the query:
SELECT f.name, f.type, f.access_level_r, f.default_value, f.type, s.value
FROM mantis_custom_field_project_table p
INNER JOIN mantis_custom_field_table f ON f.id = p.field_id
LEFT JOIN mantis_custom_field_string_table s
ON s.field_id = p.field_id AND s.bug_id = ?
WHERE p.project_id = ?
ORDER BY p.sequence ASC, f.name ASC.

After some testing I got to the following conclusion:
1. Assigning an issue to my account, editing or deleting an issue belonging to my account works
2. Assigning an issue to another account, editing or deleting an issue belonging to another account results in an error (same message as mentioned above)

The interesting thing is that if I disable e-mail notifications I don't get the error, which would point to a mailing issue. However, the mail notification works fine when creating new accounts.

I've read, and read, and read all issues reported in the official bugtracker in the db_mssql category but not found a solution. There's a lot of patches there but none of them has done the trick to get this fixed.

Has anyone experienced the same issue and possibly have a solution at hand also? Thanks in advance...