Dark theme for 2.5.1 (or above?)

Post about your customizations to share with others.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

Tagirijus

Dark theme for 2.5.1 (or above?)

Post by Tagirijus »

Hi there,

I tried to make a darker theme for MantisBT 2.5.1. Unfortunately it did not go out very well. I still want to post my results here:

--- EDIT
I deleted the CSS code in this post and attached a ZIP with CSS files in the other post reply. Have a nice day! :)
--- EDIT

And ask: are there any skins / themes for MantisBT 2.5.1 out there? Or are there any possibilities to skin it in an easy way instead of Chrome + "Ctrl+Shift+C" + hovering over the elements to get the class name + overwriting that class ??

FYI: I already searched this forum many times and the web but I could only find some kind of themes for MantisBT 1.3 or so. I appreciate every help! :)

Edit:
I managed to write a plugin, which might theem Mantis darker now. There might still be bugs:

https://github.com/Tagirijus/MantisBTDarkTheme
Last edited by Tagirijus on 30 Dec 2017, 23:17, edited 2 times in total.
Tagirijus

Re: Dark theme for 2.5.1 (or above?)

Post by Tagirijus »

Ok, I managed to tweak the existing css files a bit and added my own improved default.css - I attached all files for those who are also seeking for a dark theme of mantis bug tracker. I am no professional webdesigner! ;)

Oh and of course: backup the original files !!!
Attachments
mantisBT_2-5-1__dark-theme.zip
(134.8 KiB) Downloaded 995 times
rkarmann

Post by rkarmann »

Hi there,

Did you consider to write a plugin ? Using JQuery and custom CSS stylesheet for example ? :D
Currently working on a wiki-based plugin for MantisBT 2.X. If you'd like to test it, contact me or see the plugin section.
Tagirijus

Post by Tagirijus »

No, I did not even know that you could achieve this theming with plugins. MOreover I unfortunately would totally not know how to do this at the moment. Thus I had to spend more time here, while I already achieved my goal for me at least. ;)

Maybe I'll check the thing with plugins later, thanks for the idea.
rkarmann

Post by rkarmann »

In fact, I'm thinking about writing a little UI theme plugin.

So, if you ever get time to achieve this, your help might be welcome. Let me know if you go further in the development of such a UI theme. :P
Currently working on a wiki-based plugin for MantisBT 2.X. If you'd like to test it, contact me or see the plugin section.
Tagirijus

Post by Tagirijus »

I'll probably update this thread then, of course! :)
Tagirijus

Post by Tagirijus »

As in the updated starting post: I managed to write a plugin. You can get it here:

https://github.com/Tagirijus/MantisBTDarkTheme
rkarmann

Post by rkarmann »

Wow, excellent work dude !!! It's really nice this way. I'm wondering if somehow this could be integreated feature that allows user to personnalze UI moreover...

:P
RedSpider

Post by RedSpider »

is there a screenshot of the dark theme? :)
Tagirijus

Post by Tagirijus »

I just added a screenshot on the github page. Here it is:

Marcus-W

Post by Marcus-W »

Hi Mate,

this is actually pretty great as it basically allows to create an own theme without changing the default.css

Everything works just great, but the plugin won't load on every page. E.G. If I use the search bar, the result page doesn't load the theme. It's not the only page that doesn't load the theme though. Any workaround, alternative or fix?
Attachments
sdsd.jpg
sdsd.jpg (297.58 KiB) Viewed 18397 times
rkarmann

Post by rkarmann »

Hey,

Actually, I think it might happen because not all the Events are called on every pages.

In MantisBTDarkTheme.php

Code: Select all

function hooks() {
    return array(
        'EVENT_LAYOUT_RESOURCES' => 'add_css'
    );
  }
This is the event that is triggered to add the CSS link. Maybe that's a good start, and you should take a look at the Mantis Documentation / Plugins / Event System

Switching the 'EVENT_LAYOUT_RESOURCES' with some Core Events like 'EVENT_CORE_READY' might be an intersting tweak...
Tagirijus

Post by Tagirijus »

I did not look into this and at the moment I do not have the time for this unfortunately, sorry. Pull request are weclcome though, if somebody else might want to look into this. ;)
Marcus-W

Post by Marcus-W »

rkarmann wrote: 31 Jul 2018, 19:18 This is the event that is triggered to add the CSS link. Maybe that's a good start, and you should take a look at the Mantis Documentation / Plugins / Event System

Switching the 'EVENT_LAYOUT_RESOURCES' with some Core Events like 'EVENT_CORE_READY' might be an intersting tweak...
Hey, thanks for the reply, I tried to simply swap those two but it basically made it worse, should look more into the documentation you provided.

I skipped working on it since I posted the error and I'm on vacation for the next 2 weeks, but I'm still trying to fix it. Any idea is welcome.