Email notification for private notes

Get help from other users here.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

robmaster

Email notification for private notes

Post by robmaster »

Hey gents,

I'm new to MantisBT and have to admit that I really enjoyed doing my first steps. It's a powerful solution.
After checking out some of the features, I'm still looking for an option to notify the administrator of a project or even the manager of a project via email once a private note (as part of a ticket) was added. Is that possible?
And maybe a more generic question (but somehow related to my previous one) can we have an option to directly notify a user by typing "@username" like in Jira? Is that possible?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Best, Robert
atrol
Site Admin

Re: Email notification for private notes

Post by atrol »

Writing "@username" to send a notification is possible.

Another option is to use the "Send a reminder" button.
This is similar to the @mention, but adds the user also to the monitoring list of the issue, so he will be informed about any change of the issue.
Please use Search before posting and read the Manual
robmaster

Post by robmaster »

Hey atrol,
Thanks for your quick reply. I tried the @username Option but did not receive any email notification. What could be the cause for this?
Maybe a dumb question, but where do I find the "Send a reminder" button?
atrol
Site Admin

Post by atrol »

robmaster wrote: 28 Jul 2018, 16:53I tried the @username Option but did not receive any email notification. What could be the cause for this?
Maybe you tried to sent to yourself (default is not to send email for own activities) or you entered a wrong username.
robmaster wrote: 28 Jul 2018, 16:53where do I find the "Send a reminder" button?
ReminderButton.png
ReminderButton.png (20.38 KiB) Viewed 2741 times
Please use Search before posting and read the Manual