can mantis auto adjust the size suitable to different device?

Get help from other users here.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

xiaobing

can mantis auto adjust the size suitable to different device?

Post by xiaobing »

Hi everyone , I need to how to config or set screen suitable for cell phone which mean how to adjust the screen size to adaptive to cell phone?

Thanks a lot
Attachments
cellphone_version.jpg
cellphone_version.jpg (96.1 KiB) Viewed 4820 times
Mophilly

Re: can mantis auto adjust the size suitable to different device?

Post by Mophilly »

xiaobing wrote: 01 Aug 2018, 03:23 how to config or set screen suitable for cell phone
The maintainers of MantisBT made a decision years ago to provide a mobile app for MantisBT. As a result of that decision, the browser based app discussed in this forum does not have the CSS and such to be responsive as you desire. I think what you may be after can be found here: https://www.mantistouch.org
atrol
Site Admin

Post by atrol »

Mophilly wrote: 08 Aug 2018, 17:44 The maintainers of MantisBT made a decision years ago to provide a mobile app for MantisBT.
Where did you read this?
Please use Search before posting and read the Manual
Mophilly

Post by Mophilly »

atrol wrote: 08 Aug 2018, 18:00 Where did you read this?
I have been using MantisBT since around 2001 or so, and that is my impression. I am not complaining nor attempting to mislead.

Regardless, I am not one of the maintainers. If MantisBT is responsive, that is great news! I am all for it.
atrol
Site Admin

Post by atrol »

Mophilly wrote: 08 Aug 2018, 19:01 I have been using MantisBT since around 2001 or so, and that is my impression.
Great, so you started about 7 years before me with it.

I asked as I never heard about such a decision since the time I started to contribute to Mantis.
Mophilly wrote: 08 Aug 2018, 17:44 As a result of that decision, the browser based app discussed in this forum does not have the CSS and such to be responsive as you desire.
This confused me even more, as Mantis 2.x is responsive. It's not perfect, especially working on small devices in portrait mode is not optimal (sometimes horizontal scrolling needed), but it's not too bad, especially in landscape mode on tablets.

E.g., if you look at the screenshot of user xiaobing, you see a complete other menu than the one you see when working in desktop browser.
Furthermore you see a one column layout instead of the three columns on desktop.
Please use Search before posting and read the Manual
Mophilly

Post by Mophilly »

Fair enough.

First, allow me to say that I appreciate your efforts with code and here in the forums. You have made time to push the product forward, and I am very thankful that you do so. I get great benefit from using MantisBT and that benefit comes directly from your work (and others, of course).

Second, I am just getting started with the version 2 code base. We have been held back for a number of reasons. That means that my observations are based on the version 1 code base.

Finally, having now made it across the abyss and on our way to using the most recent versions, I am excited about the project. :-)
Mophilly

Post by Mophilly »

Just a follow up. After resolving some config issues, we are now using 2.14. I launched MantisBT from my phone and from a tablet. The app presents well in both form factors. :D