Help migrating Mantis from local to online

Get help from other users here.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

sweetdardo

Help migrating Mantis from local to online

Post by sweetdardo »

Hi,

I am sorry this might not be the right way to ask about this topic. I am just a little lost as to how to proceed next.
I have bitnami Mantis BT installed on my machine and it is working well. I was working on a project by myself so it made sense locally. I would like now that I have a remote co worker to make the database accessible online so that my co worker and I can access whenever we need to log / resolve bugs etc...

I managed somehow to install the local version but I am quite clueless as to how I need to proceed
in order to get it working online with all the current data tracked etc..?
What would be a best hosting place for it ?

I have a Github account but given the number of files it probably would not work.

Sorry for asking such basic questions, would you be so kind to point me in the right direction?

Many Thanks
atrol
Site Admin

Re: Help migrating Mantis from local to online

Post by atrol »

As a first step you need to decide if you want install/configure/maintain Mantis yourself on a server (virtual or bare metal) that is accessible by anyone in internet and that mets the requirements described in Admin Guide https://www.mantisbt.org/docs/master/en ... s.software

If not, another option could be to pay a provider that offers Mantis hosting in cloud.
Please use Search before posting and read the Manual
sweetdardo

Post by sweetdardo »

Hi Atrol,

Thank you for your answer. If I look at my current local installation of Mantis, I somehow got it installed and running but I do not really need to maintain it in that the base functionalities are enough for me to track bugs etc..
If I were to go the Install and configure myself on a server way, I would need a server that supports MySQL and Apache if I understand? I believe this is what i installed locally running as a Virtual server?

Would it be possible to install Mantis BT on a GitHUB account. Seeing as I subscribe to that now, I wonder if it would be possible or whether I would have to pay for a different hosting solution?

I m sorry if this all sounds confused (maybe because I am)
atrol
Site Admin

Post by atrol »

sweetdardo wrote: 12 Oct 2018, 11:00 I would need a server that supports MySQL and Apache if I understand?
Right, + PHP is needed
sweetdardo wrote: 12 Oct 2018, 11:00 Would it be possible to install Mantis BT on a GitHUB account.
I am not 100% sure, but I don't think so. I am not aware that GihHub offers MySQL and Apache (or another Webserver) with PHP hosting
Please use Search before posting and read the Manual
sweetdardo

Post by sweetdardo »

it seems that MantisHUB is the most straightforward solution but then they gated the Import Csv plugin behind the gold subscription so even if I wanted to import the database myself, I would have to sign up for Gold.