MantisBT install

Get help from other users here.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

GeorgeHS

MantisBT install

Post by GeorgeHS »

I used the installation procedures outline in https://mantisbt.org/docs/master/en-US/ ... _Guide.pdf
When I do not have the /var/www/html/mantis/config/config_inc.php defined I get the following response to starting MantisBT:
See Screen1.png
When I do have the /var/www/html/mantis/config/config_inc.php defined I get the following response to starting MantisBT:
See Screen2.png
In either case I can not get MantisBT started.
The confi_inc.php file looks like:
See config_inc.txt
Attachments
sreen1.png
sreen1.png (111.82 KiB) Viewed 2917 times
atrol
Site Admin

Re: MantisBT install

Post by atrol »

GeorgeHS wrote: 17 Oct 2018, 17:56 I used the installation procedures outline in https://mantisbt.org/docs/master/en-US/ ... _Guide.pdf
When I do not have the /var/www/html/mantis/config/config_inc.php defined I get the following response to starting MantisBT:
See Screen1.png
Right
The next step is to enter the database user and password and to click the "Install / Upgrade Database" button.
If all goes well, config_inc.php is created by the installer.
Please use Search before posting and read the Manual
GeorgeHS

Post by GeorgeHS »

Is this the existing user and password I use access MySQL or is it a new one for the mantisa database?

Do I need to enter an Admin user and password also?
Thanks, George
atrol
Site Admin

Post by atrol »

Mantis does not create users. You have to create them before running the installer.

There are two options.
1) Use one user with all the privileges described at https://www.mantisbt.org/docs/master/en ... nstall.new

Just enter Username and Password in the first two fields
The installer will use the user to create the database/tables and the same user will also be used later on when running the system

2) Use two separate users

Enter in addition the Admin Username and Admin Password
The installer will use this high privileged user to create the database/tables and the first user will be used later on when running the system

Pro: Good security as there is no high privileged user accessing the database after install
GeorgeHS

Post by GeorgeHS »

I enter the user id and password that I use for all my other MySQL activities and entered a name and password for the Admin fields.
When I clicked Install/Update database I get the following message:
BAD
Does administrative user have access to the database? ( Access denied for user 'MantisAdmin'@'localhost' (using password: YES) )
See attached file Screen3.png
Attachments
Screen3.png
Screen3.png (146.67 KiB) Viewed 2896 times
atrol
Site Admin

Post by atrol »

It's a bit strange what I see.
User root is typically the MySQL administrator with full access rights, so I wouldn't have expected you use it as the first user who needs not that much rights.

All I what can see at the moment is that you might have entered a wrong name for the Admin User (MantisAdmin) and / or entered the wrong password and/or MySQL does not allow the user which is runnig the web server process to connect to the database.
As a first step, I would try to connect to the database on command line.