High Level User Guides?

Get help from other users here.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

ajtaylor999

High Level User Guides?

Post by ajtaylor999 »

Hi All,

I'm a new user of Mantis and it seems great. We've downloaded the free version for trial purposes. I'm looking for a simple user guide to give to my colleagues. I found a couple of Youtube videos that talk you through what to type on the various screens but I'm looking for high level principles of operation. And ideal something written rather than videos.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Cheers

Andy
atrol
Site Admin

Re: High Level User Guides?

Post by atrol »

ajtaylor999 wrote: 21 Jan 2019, 12:25We've downloaded the free version for trial purposes
Confuses me to read "free version".
Mantis source is free. Is there someone offering a non free version?
If so, @ajtaylor999 could you please provide a link for it?
Please use Search before posting and read the Manual
Starbuck

Re: High Level User Guides?

Post by Starbuck »

@ajtaylor999 - I have a standard document in Google Docs that I copy and modify for each new client that I bring up on MantisBT. When I modify it, I personalize/brand it with screenshots of the client-specific tracker. Screenshots include their employee names, their product names, etc.

I will re-work this as a more generic template, highlight places that can/should be customized with text and screenshots, and I will publish a link here. Expect this by the end of this week.

HTH
If you want Mantis to work differently, use or create a plugin. Visit the Plugins forums.
Ask developers to create a plugin that you need - and motivate them to help you!