Installing Mantis

Get help from other users here.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

atro

Installing Mantis

Post by atro »

Hi,

I'm currently trying to install Mantis. I've created a subdomain and a mysql database for it, uploaded the Mantis files to the subdomain and I'm on the Mantis/admin/install.php page. Having done a search already I found a suggestion to have 2 users, the admin with all access to the db and one with limited privileges(SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, and DELETE), which I've done.

Trying to install I get "Does administrative user have access to the database? ( No such file or directory )". Is that because it's looking for the file in public_html rather than my subdomain folder, or have I made a different error?

Thanks in advance.
atro

Re: Installing Mantis

Post by atro »

Hi,

I'm still looking to resolve this. Would anyone be able to help? Apologies if I didn't explain myself well, let me know if it's not clear what the problem is.

Thanks very much :)
Paco

Post by Paco »

Did you resolve this?

I had same problem with both, trying to upgrade an old instalation and trying a new installation.

I'll work this weekend on this, if anyone have any idea about.... thanks.
cas

Post by cas »

My advice is to start with a test installation and try it out using the "root" user of MySql.
If all works, create a seperate user with full rights. If it still keeps working, you can reduce access rights to go to the bare minimum.
Once determined, you can move it to production.
Using a direcetory to install mantis is no issue whatsoever :mrgreen:
Paco

Post by Paco »

:(
Unfortunately i have no root user for mysql, i have the installation in a ISP (1and1) where the version of PHP has been upgraded to 7.3 and my actual version of MantisBT doesn't work, (sorry i dont remember the version, i'll check it this night)

i can use my actual version of Mantis but i must pay for PHP old versions support. crazy....

Perhaps it exist an intermediate version of Mantis that operate with PHP 7.3 and recognize the database....
cas

Post by cas »

latest vesrions of Mantis do work with php7.3
If I understand you correctly, you have no issues with the database so you can keep using the db user currently configured.
Possibly you run an older version of mantis which does not support PHP7, so tonight = upgrade time!
Paco

Post by Paco »

Yes... I had same problem upgrading... but i must try a more combinations... this is the time line.

I have a MantisBT installation working fine but i receive an invoice for PHP < 7.... 8O
I upgrade (in my panel) PHP to 7.3 => my MantisBT installation doesn't work.
I try to upgrade MantisBT to the newest version (downloaded from Mantis), copy config file, execute install.php.... all fine excepting database.

I want to try this night:
Make a new installation of MantisBT in PHP < 7
Upgrade MantisBT in PHP < 7
If MantisBT is still working... -> Upgrade PHP to 7.3 and pray
Paco

Post by Paco »

First test in an old installation where i upgraded to PHP 7.3, i changed this:
$g_db_type = 'mysql';
with
$g_db_type = 'mysqli';
in config_inc.php

If i execute install.php the database return error but the system works, i create new proyects, labels... need more checks.