Reset EMail Not Working

Get help from other users here.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

alex2000

Reset EMail Not Working

Post by alex2000 »

I successfully installed MantisBT version 2.25.2 on my hosting platform (www.ionos.de). I then logged in and created a user account. When I press "reset password", I see the green message box confirming that the e-mail has been sent but, on the user side, no e-mail is received.

The e-mail configuration in config/config_inc.php is as follows:

Code: Select all

$g_allow_signup	 = OFF;  //allows the users to sign up for a new account
$g_enable_email_notification = ON; //enables the email messages
$g_phpMailer_method = PHPMAILER_METHOD_SMTP;
$g_smtp_host = 'smtp.ionos.de';
$g_smtp_connection_mode = 'tls';
$g_smtp_port = 587;
$g_smtp_username = 'tepi@xyz.com'; //replace it with your email address
$g_smtp_password = 'MySecretPassword'; //replace it with your email password
$g_administrator_email = 'admin@xyz.com'; //this will be your administrator email address
$g_email_send_using_cronjob = OFF;
The PHP version is 7.4.

The username and password are definitely correct because I am using the same e-mail credentials in another web application and I can see e-mails being correctly received.

I do not believe that the problem lies with the hosting platform because I have another PHP application running on the same platform and generation of e-mails is not a problem.

I know that failure to generate e-mails is a common problem for MantisBT. I have tried all counter-measures suggested by other users but nothing works. Can anyone help?
cas

Re: Reset EMail Not Working

Post by cas »

go to your_mantis_url/admin
There you can do various checks also on email. Perhaps that gives a clue what is failing.
alex2000

Post by alex2000 »

I did the following:

(1) I copied the admin directory back to the live server (I had removed it after installation for security reasons)
(2) I ran the admin check by accessing: https://www.MyDomain.com/mantisbt-2.25.2/admin/check/
(3) The admin check includes an email check which reported that I was missing the definition of the $g_return_path_email variable
(4) I added the following line to config_inc.php file: $g_return_path_email = 'name@domain.com';

And now everything works as it should ...
cas

Post by cas »

Good that it now is working as expected :mrgreen: