implement filtering by keywords in the description

Get help from other users here.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

rondezo

implement filtering by keywords in the description

Post by rondezo »

Hello, it is very necessary to i mplement filtering by keywords in the description. How can this be implemented?
rondezo

Re: implement filtering by keywords in the description

Post by rondezo »

rondezo wrote: 15 Jul 2021, 13:00 Hello, it is very necessary to i mplement filtering by keywords in the description. How can this be implemented?
I will clarify, I created a project and for some reason, search and filtering by description is not done in it. In other projects, everything is fine. I can't understand what could be the reason..
rondezo

Post by rondezo »

rondezo wrote: 15 Jul 2021, 13:20
rondezo wrote: 15 Jul 2021, 13:00 Hello, it is very necessary to i mplement filtering by keywords in the description. How can this be implemented?
I will clarify, I created a project and for some reason, search and filtering by description is not done in it. In other projects, everything is fine. I can't understand what could be the reason..
we managed to find out that after importing tasks with the csv_import plugin, nothing is found in the keyword description. BUT if you manually add a word to the description, then the search and filtering starts working in the task for any keyword. Maybe there is some solution to this?
rondezo

Post by rondezo »

rondezo wrote: 16 Jul 2021, 07:25
rondezo wrote: 15 Jul 2021, 13:20
we managed to find out that after importing tasks with the csv_import plugin, nothing is found in the keyword description. BUT if you manually add a word to the description, then the search and filtering starts working in the task for any keyword. Maybe there is some solution to this?
I found out that the search starts working if you just click edit task, without changing anything in it and save it. How can I repeat this operation with the task package (changing the task)? If you do it through the menu at the bottom of the sheet, then the search does not work later - only through the edit button. but it is only available for a specific task. All my problems are related to the fact that I can't import custom fields - only a category. subject and description. I tried to insert a custom field in the description. in order to filter by it later and manually set the custom field by the package. But so far all my attempts do not lead to a result. We really need to find a solution. Please help me!!!
atrol
Site Admin

Post by atrol »

I am not able to reproduce the issues using latest stable MantisBT version 2.25.2.
The description of your problem is not clear to me and confusing, so I might not try what you are doing.
A step by step instruction would help to understand the issue.
I tried to insert a custom field in the description
What do you mean with this? The standard field "Descirption" does not offer a way to insert a custom fied.
Please use Search before posting and read the Manual
rondezo

Post by rondezo »

atrol wrote: 17 Jul 2021, 16:27 I am not able to reproduce the issues using latest stable MantisBT version 2.25.2.
The description of your problem is not clear to me and confusing, so I might not try what you are doing.
A step by step instruction would help to understand the issue.
I tried to insert a custom field in the description
What do you mean with this? The standard field "Descirption" does not offer a way to insert a custom fied.
since the import plugin with custom fields does not work, I had to import more than 5000 entries into the task description field, and after that I manually filled in the user field I needed. To simplify the selection task, I wanted to filter the description by keywords so that the corresponding custom field is assigned to the record package. But keyword search by description does not work after import. And it works after I go to each record and change it manually. which made my task very difficult for me. How can I make a change to the task as a package? Maybe someone has a working import plugin with custom fields?
atrol
Site Admin

Post by atrol »

Searching is done by the database.
I don't see any code in Mantis, that you have to change each issue before you can search for the contents.
Please use Search before posting and read the Manual
tet-com@freemail.hu

Post by tet-com@freemail.hu »

Hi, I have the same issue.
I imported more hundreds of issues with csv import.
When I want to search / filter it is no result, except I click the imported issue edit button and save it manually.
When I search/filter again, only the edited issues will be results.
How can I solve these problem?
tet-com@freemail.hu

Post by tet-com@freemail.hu »

Hi, I find out something reason.
The international charachters are stored in the database as "&aacute".
But when edit, is stored as "á"