EmailReporting sets closed issues to Assigned no matter what we do

This plugin allows you to report an issue in MantisBT by sending an email to a particular mail account

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

gurksallad

EmailReporting sets closed issues to Assigned no matter what we do

Post by gurksallad »

We have been trying to solve this particular issues for over a year now but it is still not working. I will try to explain the issue.

When a ticket is set to statuses New (noone has started on it), Assigned (someone is working on it) or Feedback (job is done, get feedback from end user), and there is a new email imported by the plugin, the mail gets imported as it should and the status is not touched. This is expected and correct behaviour.

However, when we are done with a ticket we set it to either Closed or Resolved and set an appropriate resolution. When a ticket is Closed or Resolved, and there is a new email imported, we want it to be set to Feedback. This is our config:

Code: Select all

$g_reassign_on_feedback = OFF;
$g_allow_reporter_reopen = OFF;
$g_bug_reopen_status = FEEDBACK;
EmailReporting's user is the one that's opening new tickets (95 times out of 100).

However, EmailReporting ALWAYS sets the status to Assigned in this case. That is, Closed or Resolved instead gets status Assigned. This screws things up, because Assigned tickets mean someone is working on it, and in this case it's not. It need to be Feedback before it gets Assigned.

When another user adds a comment to a Closed or Resolved issue, the status is not changed. Therefore, we think there is something in the EmailReporting plugin that's either messing with or ignoring some configuration variables but we cannot find what.

We use EmailReporting 0.10.1 and MantisBT 2.25.5. The Assigned-issue has been with us since MantisBT 2.21.
SL-Gundam

Re: EmailReporting sets closed issues to Assigned no matter what we do

Post by SL-Gundam »

EmailReporting 0.11.0-DEV is using the bug_reopen function.
So it uses MantisBT code to do this. MantisBT would do exactly the same if you did the action through the MantisBT web interface.

EmailReporting 0.10.1 uses the MantisBT code from MantisBT 1.3.x. The function bug_reopen did not exist at that time.

Please update to the latest DEV version. That should fix your issue.
SL-Gundam

Post by SL-Gundam »

I checked the code a bit more and my earlier comment is incorrect.
Function bug_reopen is used in both versions mentioned.
Function bug_reopen is used when bug_is_resolved.
What is your setting for "bug_resolved_status_threshold"?
Please check whether there are any project level settings that might change behavior.
gurksallad

Post by gurksallad »

Our setting is standard:

Code: Select all

$g_bug_resolved_status_threshold = RESOLVED;
Now I double-checked the settings for Workflow transitions, and found that the setting "Status to which reopened issues are set" is sett to "Assigned". I changed it to "Feedback" and will see what happens.
gurksallad

Post by gurksallad »

Update: changing the setting to "Feedback" solved the problem.