Rename "Steps To Reproduce"

Get help from other users here.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

Karl Adcock

Rename "Steps To Reproduce"

Post by Karl Adcock »

Hi.

I have been asked to rename the "Steps To Reproduce" field to "Route Cause Analysis" in MantisBT.

Is this possible and is there a guide that explains how to do this.

Using Notepad++ i can find all the places that refer to "Steps To Reproduce" and "steps_to_reproduce" and rename them and can change the name of the column in phpMyAdmin database but then have an error when I try to save any data in that field.

The error from error log is "Unknown column 'route_cause_analysis' in 'field list'\nC:\\xampp\\htdocs\\mantis-set\\vendor\\adodb\\adodb-php\\drivers\\adodb-mysqli.inc.php: 808: - - - - mysqli_query"

Many thanks for your time.

Karl
cas

Re: Rename "Steps To Reproduce"

Post by cas »

Hi karl,
do not touch the database. You can change this using a file called custom_strings_inc.php within the config directory. If the file does not exist. you need to create it with the following content:

Code: Select all

<?PHP
$s_steps_to_reproduce_updated = 'Route Cause Analysis Updated';
$s_steps_to_reproduce = 'Route Cause Analysis';
$s_email_steps_to_reproduce = 'Route Cause Analysis';
Karl Adcock

Post by Karl Adcock »

Many thanks cas

That works well for my situation.

My original problem was a typo when editing the column name in DB and after correcting it works ok, I understand the reason for not editing the DB.

If I want to change 2 strings do I just repeat the same 3 lines of code for the next string too?

Regards

Karl
cas

Post by cas »

yep, best copy the 3 lines from lang/strings_english.txt and adjust to your liking in config/custom_strings_inc.php :mrgreen: