Retrieve data from Mantis

General discussion of Mantis.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

MKH

Retrieve data from Mantis

Post by MKH »

Hi,

I intend to export all the issues reported in Mantis servers in our company and store this data in a database to do some analysis on them on the next phase. I checked Mantis forum and I have found two approaches for this purpose:
1- Using REST APIs provided by Mantis community: These APIs cannot fulfill my goal since I need to read the data periodically and in each iteration I need to read and export only newly added issues. As far as I know there is no time filter in the APIs to be applied to an API call request. Is that correct or I have misunderstood the APIs?

2- Create a plugin to retrieve and collect the data out of Mantis servers: Also, I have checked in the discussion forum here and I have found a quit old post with similar question. The answer to the post is suggesting to create a plugin for this purpose. Here is the link to the post: https://www.mantisbt.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=27881
I checked the Mantis plugins and I could not find any plugin for this purpose. Could anybody who has more knowledge about Mantis plugin please let me know if there is already such plugin or I should write it from scratch?

I appreciate it if anyone can let me know which one of these approaches is applicable.

Thanks.
cas

Re: Retrieve data from Mantis

Post by cas »

Like I mentioned in the post you are referring to, there is the query plugin(version 2.12) which can run fully automatic to export data. The output can be stored on your network and another job could import this data into the other DB application.
I have done something similar where I scheduled the job to run every week to export data from the week before.
So no need to create a plugin from scratch, it is there.