Login with local password when ldap is broken?

Get help from other users here.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

bdleedy

Login with local password when ldap is broken?

Post by bdleedy »

Let's say, hypothetically of course, the ldap connection is broken and I don't have the root password to the OS.

So now that ldap is broken, when I browse to the site, I can't even login with the local application admin password?? Is there some alternate page maybe?
cas

Re: Login with local password when ldap is broken?

Post by cas »

Test it out, thgink you can stil logon with the local admin password :mrgreen:
bdleedy

Post by bdleedy »

Isn't it obvious that I can't?

I get a page that tells me that ldap is broken and actually tells me to go somewhere else via the menu I can't see...

Please use the "Back" button in your web browser to return to the previous page. There you can correct whatever problems were identified in this error or select another action. You can also click an option from the menu bar to go directly to a new section.
cas

Post by cas »

In case the admin account is ladap bound, i would have expected that to happen. If you logon with a (only0 local account that should not happen. So you probably get the message before you reach thye logon screen, right?
Can you share a printscreen of the page you get ( and some info with respect to Mantis versions, OS, PHP and MySql)?
bdleedy

Post by bdleedy »

Yeah, I'm just trying to login (hopefully with a local account) and get pushed right to this page. I'm unsure of any versioning.
Attachments
mantis.png
mantis.png (12.5 KiB) Viewed 293 times
cas

Post by cas »

Well there can be issues based upon mantisbt version and PHP versions. So versions are quite important.
You can also enable logging, perhaps that gives a clue.
Logging can be set in core/config_inc.php using statement:
$g_log_level = LOG_LDAP;
bdleedy

Post by bdleedy »

bdleedy wrote: 15 Apr 2024, 21:07 ....and I don't have the root password to the OS.
Wish I could. If I could do that, I'd just go in and fix LDAP. Sounds like it's hosed.
cas

Post by cas »

contact the one who does have access......... :idea:
bdleedy

Post by bdleedy »

Thanks.
I'm a system engineer who has inherited this mess of a poorly documented setup. So, I'm the one who SHOULD have it but I don't. Just looking for a way in, but I don't expect that there is one. Thanks for the help.