Discord Login Plugin Beta Release

General discussion about MantisBT Plugins

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

LikeableHades

Discord Login Plugin Beta Release

Post by LikeableHades »

I've gone ahead and created a plugin that allows for users to sign in using their Discord (discord.com) credentials. It will first look for an existing account that has a matching email, and then (if enabled) will look for a custom user field titled discordID. If it doesn't find either, it will create a new user account for them in Mantis.

This is a beta release, but should be fairly solid.

https://github.com/LikeableHades/MantisDiscordOAuth
Starbuck

Re: Discord Login Plugin Beta Release

Post by Starbuck »

Nice to see new development!
If you want Mantis to work differently, use or create a plugin. Visit the Plugins forums.
Ask developers to create a plugin that you need - and motivate them to help you!
LikeableHades

Post by LikeableHades »

Thanks!

I've seen a lot of folks in my circles complain about needing separate accounts for each service they use, but those same circles mostly run in Discord, so I figured I'd try to link them together.
Starbuck

Post by Starbuck »

Yeah, good call. You might be able to earn yourself some income with full Discord integration:
  • Channel notification on ticket status changes.
  • Write ticket updates when someone comments in-channel using a /command.
  • Ability to Read and display ticket status with /commands.
You could also host Mantis environments transparently and offer full-service issue tracking and management services via a Discord bot. People don't need to know it's MantisBT behind the scenes - they're interested in the features. But if they do want to engage directly with Mantis, you have a ready-made front-end.

There's a whole little industry in this area, with some good competition, but it's open for more. Competition is good. It means other suppliers think there is a market, and it also confirms that consumers value the offerings as well.

Do your research, offer great but simple features, excellent documentation, stellar support, and the promise of ongoing development. That should earn you some subscriptions to make the whole thing worthwhile.

Good luck!
If you want Mantis to work differently, use or create a plugin. Visit the Plugins forums.
Ask developers to create a plugin that you need - and motivate them to help you!
LikeableHades

Post by LikeableHades »

I suppose I could fork TechGuard's work and add some functionality, then merge it with mine. Very interesting idea for sure.