Page 1 of 1

Preventing reporters from closing their own issues

Posted: 30 Oct 2013, 06:10
by Shinjiro
Hello,
--------
OS: WIndows server 2008 Standard Service Pack 2
Mantis: 1.2.15
php: 5.3.27 - Win32
Apeche: 2.2.25 - Win32
MySQL: 5.6.14.0
--------

I want to allow reporters to close their own issues only when the status is "resolved".
So I'm looking for any function to hide or disable "close" button in mantis configuration, but haven't found appropriate one.

I found several similar parameters and tried to set them as follows;

In config_inc.php:
- $g_allow_close_immediately = 'off';
- $g_allow_reporter_close = 'on';
- $g_allow_reporter_reopen = 'on';
- $g_limit_reporters = 'off';

In "Workflow Thresholds" settings in mantis window:
- Allow issue to be closed on Resolve -> Unchecked
- Allow Reporter to close Issue -> Checked
- Allow Reporter to re-open Issue -> Checked
- Limit reporter's access to their own issues -> Unchecked

In above configuration, reporters can click "Close" button to close the issue, even if the status is "New" or "Feedback".

Please let me know any good solution to implement that.

Thank you in advance for the response.

Re: Preventing reporters from closing their own issues

Posted: 30 Oct 2013, 06:53
by atrol
Shinjiro wrote: In config_inc.php:
- $g_allow_close_immediately = 'off';
- $g_allow_reporter_close = 'on';
- $g_allow_reporter_reopen = 'on';
- $g_limit_reporters = 'off';
Remove all settings.
Instead of using config_inc.php I recommend to use the configuration pages "Workflow Thresholds" and "Workflow Transitions" whenever possible.
If you really have to use config_inc,php (some options cannot be set in UI) you have to set the options thís way

Code: Select all

$g_allow_reporter_close = ON;
Not 'on' but ON
Not 'off' but OFF

Re: Preventing reporters from closing their own issues

Posted: 31 Oct 2013, 04:54
by Shinjiro
Hello atrol,

Thank you for your advice. I understood;
- The same settings don't need to be duplicated between config_inc.php and Workflow Thresholds page.
- I should give priority to Workflow Threshold page.
- In config_Inc.php file, I don't need to type singiequotes to set ON or OFF.
- in config_inc.php file, I have to use large capitals to set ON or OFF.

Now I've confirmed [Close] button disappears in "New" or "Feedback" issues in projects except one.

It is oldest project and seemed to be created before I'd started to modify settings for this requirement.
I wonder any irregal settings to prevent the requirement may exist in anywhere in the project.

Almost implemented, but I've been still waiting for further information to complete.

Thank you.

Re: Preventing reporters from closing their own issues

Posted: 31 Oct 2013, 06:47
by Shinjiro
I found differences in "Workflow Transitions" page between the oldest project and others.
Now it works well as I expected. Thank you for your help!