Email not working!

General discussion of Mantis.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

mmelendez

Email not working!

Post by mmelendez »

Yep, you guessed it, another email not working post!

I'll try to make this one as quick as possible. I'm running an IIS 2008 server, with PHP 5.5.8 and MySQL. The server itself has no local smtp service, and would have to mail via a relay. PHP has PEAR installed, with the Mail extensions. If it's of any use:
INSTALLED PACKAGES, CHANNEL PEAR.PHP.NET:
=========================================
PACKAGE VERSION STATE
Archive_Tar 1.3.11 stable
Console_Getopt 1.3.1 stable
Mail 1.2.0 stable
Net_SMTP 1.6.2 stable
Net_Socket 1.0.14 stable
PEAR 1.9.4 stable
Structures_Graph 1.0.4 stable
XML_Util 1.2.1 stable
So I installed Mantis 1.2.15, no unusual problems reported. Got it up and running, except for the email part. I poured over the smtp options in the manual, checked the http://www.mantisbt.org/forums/viewtopi ... =3&t=15398 post, and still, no luck. I checked that the openssl extension was enabled in php.ini.

I have the following in my config_inc.php:
$g_allow_signup = ON; //allows the users to sign up for a new account
$g_enable_email_notification = ON; //enables the email messages

$g_phpMailer_method = PHPMAILER_METHOD_SMTP;
$g_smtp_host = '(my smtp host)';
$g_smtp_username = '(my smtp username)';
$g_smtp_password = '(my smtp pass)';
$g_smtp_connection_mode = 'ssl';
$g_administrator_email = '(my email address)';
$g_webmaster_email = '(my email address)';
$g_from_name = 'Mantis Bug Tracker';
$g_from_email = '(my smtp username address)';
$g_return_path_email = '(my email address)';
$g_email_receive_own = ON;
$g_email_send_using_cronjob = OFF;
I do a new user registration, and get no confirmation email. I run the admin/test_email.php and get a Testing Mail - PROBLEMS SENDING MAIL TO: (myaddr). Please check your php/mail server settings.

So I started by checking that the parameters were passing through ok. I added a couple of echo statements in the test_email.php to return my smtp server, username, password, etc. Everything looks good.

I checked that my email configuration was right and that there was no connection problem at the server. Inputting that same configuration into Mediawiki I got it to send emails with no problems. So, the connection is ok.

But there's no way I can get mantis to work. I've played around with the parameters, tried other SMTP relays, and nothing. Still the same error message.

Anyone know what the problem might be here? Does mantis keep a logfile on Windows systems that I can check for debug info?