Associate new users to the mailbox project

This plugin allows you to report an issue in MantisBT by sending an email to a particular mail account

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

paulojd

Associate new users to the mailbox project

Post by paulojd »

Hi, I have correctly configured Mantis with 3 projects and 3 mailboxes associated with each project all private:

Emails received on project1@domain.com go to Project 1
Emails received on project2@domain.com go to Project 2
Emails received on project3@domain.com go to Project 3

All working perfectly, but when a new user sends a email to and the user doesn't exist, EmailReporting plugin creates the user but doesn't associates the user with the corresponding project, is there a way to achieve this?

New user email project1@domain.com ticket goes to Project 1, and new user is created assigned to Project 1.

I set the project to private to avoid the new user to access the other projects, they can only see their own tickets but can create new tickets on the other projects if they are public

PS Instalation info:
MantisBT Version 2.25.0
Schema Version 211
PHP Version 7.4.3
Database Driver mysqli
Database Version 8.0.26
Email Reporting 0.10.1
hussam

Re: Associate new users to the mailbox project

Post by hussam »

can you please write how you did it
paulojd

Post by paulojd »

I have 3 emails, and in mantis I added three mailboxes to the email reporting plugin, setting each mailbox to a specific project.

My problem is when the email reporting plugin is set to create new users from the emails, the new user has permissions o all projects and I need to restrict the new user to the project corresponding to the email...
SL-Gundam

Post by SL-Gundam »

Hi

This would require additional modifications in the code.
You should add the core here so that every created user is a member of your desired project.
https://github.com/mantisbt-plugins/Ema ... #L759-L775