Time tracking access

Post about your customizations to share with others.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

sintaq

Time tracking access

Post by sintaq »

Hi all,
Below is my scenario

Developer 1 general access = reporter
Developer 1 access in project 1(public)= developer
Developer 1 access in project 2(private) = manager

I have enable time tracking and set the time tracking reporting threshold = developer. Private project view threshold was set to = manager

When my developer 1 select ALL PROJECTS, he cannot view the time tracking icon at the left sidebar menu. However, when he select individual project (project 1 or project 2) he is able to view the time tracking icon icon at the left sidebar menu
cas

Re: Time tracking access

Post by cas »

Seems logical, in general you say he /she has the REPORTER role where the threshold has been set to DEVELOPER or higher. So no access.
Within the other 2 projects this person has higher rights hence he can see the option.
sintaq

Re: Time tracking access

Post by sintaq »

@cas

my first assumption is that when he/she select ALL PROJECTS, he/she would be able to see the time tracking icon at the left sidebar too because he/she has access to the 2 projects

now it works as expected after i have upgrade his/her general access = developer. he/she would be able to view the time tracking icon at the left sidebar.

besides that i have also revert the private_project_threshold = ADMINISTRATOR (default value)

thanks cas

-case closed-