When I click the mantis link from any of the source (from email or chat of mantis link) it asks me to login?

General discussion of Mantis.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

silambu

When I click the mantis link from any of the source (from email or chat of mantis link) it asks me to login?

Post by silambu »

Hello everyone,
I have updated the mantis version to latest one 2.26.06.0 facing issue on, When I click the mantis link from any of the source (from email or chat of mantis link) it asks me to login?

please find the screenshot for reference , I have clicked my mantis ticket link from email, generally it should open in new tab automatically , Here i need to click login or simply hitting the enter the session page was getting loaded and opening .

Thank you
fpaquet

Re: When I click the mantis link from any of the source (from email or chat of mantis link) it asks me to login?

Post by fpaquet »

We have same Issue here, with current Chrome and Firefox browsers.

Klicking a mantis-link in my todo list, open in new tab, logs me immediately out of mantis.

Klicking a dokuwiki-link in my todo list, open in new tab, logs me immediately out of mantis.
Our Dokuwiki uses MantisBT Auth plugin. https://www.dokuwiki.org/plugin:authmantis

-- Environment
Using Mantis 2.26.0, nginx 1:1.24.0-1.el7, PHP 8.2, php-fpm 8.2.13-1.el7
Server logs do not show any error messages.

-- Findings
- after logging back in again, hitting refresh tab with the wiki page, logs me out again
- copy the wiki link into the address bar of browser doesn't log me out, works

Comparing a normal mantis page request with a request that logs me out
we find that MANTIS_STRING_COOKIE is/was deleted

Inspecting the wiki page while refreshing, shows a failing fetch.php in the 5.-10. browser request.
Cannot upload screenshot due to *Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached.*
so i'll try to write it up:

1. doku.php?id=...
2. jquery.php?tseed=...
3. button-donate.gif
4. button-php.gif
5. button-html5.png
6. button-css.png
7. button-dw.png
8. css.php?t=dokuwiki...
9. fetch.php=media=wiki:logo.png <<--- FAILED 403 Forbidden
Last edited by fpaquet on 17 Dec 2023, 17:22, edited 3 times in total.
atrol
Site Admin

Re: When I click the mantis link from any of the source (from email or chat of mantis link) it asks me to login?

Post by atrol »

Try if the mentioned workaround works for you https://www.mantisbt.org/bugs/view.php?id=33426#c68405
Please use Search before posting and read the Manual
fpaquet

Post by fpaquet »

Yes, i can confirm the problem is solved with the following setting:
> As a workaround for this behavior, you can set $g_cookie_samesite = 'Lax'; in your config_inc.php.

Thank you for quick response
Last edited by fpaquet on 18 Dec 2023, 07:12, edited 1 time in total.
tet-com@freemail.hu

Post by tet-com@freemail.hu »

Me too.
I I click from an email to the link of mantis issue, there not able to login.
The error:
"Your browser either does not know how to handle cookies, or refuses to handle them."
If I just start from the browser, no such an error.
Windows 11 Firefox 121.0 (64-bit)
$g_cookie_samesite = 'Lax' in the config not helped.

What is the solution?
atrol
Site Admin

Post by atrol »

Did you also follow the mentioned step "Please note that users may need to log out and log back in, to switch the string cookie's secure attribute to the new value. "
Please use Search before posting and read the Manual