Upgrade 1.2.19 to 2.5.7 (or whatever is 'stable')

Get help from other users here.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

fest3er

Upgrade 1.2.19 to 2.5.7 (or whatever is 'stable')

Post by fest3er »

[Don't ask. I've not had access to the system to maintain it. Am now moving it and phpBB (3.1.9 to 3.1.12 to 3.2.11 to 3.3.11) to a new system (migrating from Debian 8.1 to Debian 12.5.]

I've had an old system (well, parts of it) plonked in my lap. Corp. sponsor doesn't want to deal with the open source project any more (security risks).

Is it really a simple process to upgrade Mantis from 1.2.19 to 2.25.7? Essentially: move the old dir aside, unpack the new version into the correct dir, copy 'config' files in, run an update script, and all is well? No DB updates?I perused the docs, but nothing grabbed my attention.

If it isn't so simple, please direct me to the appropriate HOWTO.

Thanks!
Neal
cas

Re: Upgrade 1.2.19 to 2.5.7 (or whatever is 'stable')

Post by cas »

Make a backup of your installation and the database.
Next follow the instructions as described in the admin manual, you should be fine :D
fest3er

Post by fest3er »

Thanks! It was unexpectedly straightforward. The only dependency problems had to do with removing some old versions of stuff that remained after Debian upgrades.

I had to manually add $g_crypto_master_salt to config_inc.php.

Also, the login page whines: "Warning: "path" was not defined in config_inc.php. Leaving it empty is a security risk, as the path will be set based on headers from the HTTP request, exposing your system to Host Header Injection attacks." But I'm not seeing anything that says what 'path' is.

Otherwise, the upgrade seems OK so far.

Some gotchas were related to the target environment. It's running on a VM. Now I get to transfer it and companion phpBB to iron (but same Debian Bookworm). And figure out SSL stuff.

Thanks again!
atrol
Site Admin

Post by atrol »

Please use Search before posting and read the Manual