Reset issue counter

Get help from other users here.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

artgroup

Reset issue counter

Post by artgroup »

Hi,
before start using Mantis inside my company I gave the possibility to the users to play with it and get there feedback. Now obviusly I have some 'test-issues'; I deleted but the counter still start counting from the last index. I would like to avoid th re-install because some real project are already there, all the users are already logged in and also I customized somthing.

is there a method to reset the issue counters without any effect on the database?

thks..
cristian
Chris by ArtGroup

Mantis: 1.1.2
PHP: 5.2.5
SQL: MySQL 5.0.51a
vzw614

Re: Reset issue counter

Post by vzw614 »

Why do you really need to reset the counter? Just delete the "test" bugs they created. You could manually go into the database and try to do it but that counter is what "stitches" all of the different parts of an issue together and is used in just about every table.
artgroup

Post by artgroup »

vzw614 wrote:Why do you really need to reset the counter? Just delete the "test" bugs they created. You could manually go into the database and try to do it but that counter is what "stitches" all of the different parts of an issue together and is used in just about every table.
do I need to go trough all the tables?

could you tell me how to do and which table, I'm new to database..
thanks
Chris by ArtGroup

vzw614

Post by vzw614 »

Resetting the issue ID isn't as easy as you think it is. The problem you'll run into is when Mantis tries to reuse that ID you'll get a database error because it already exists. I'm not familiar enough with the database layout to tell you how to go about doing it.

Do you just want to reset it for aesthetic purposes? If you don't have an overwhelming business reason to reset it you shouldn't try.

You also said you're new to databases, which is another very good reason to not try to mess with the internals of the Mantis database.
artgroup

Post by artgroup »

ok, it seems to risky
Chris by ArtGroup

vzw614

Post by vzw614 »

Yes, it would be very risky. If you don't want the "test" issues to show up just delete them.