View Issue Details
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0004283||mantisbt||localization||public||2004-08-06 09:11||2008-10-18 18:34|
|Summary||0004283: [all lang] Use gettext for localisation files|
Convert the current strings_[language].txt files to use a gettext format. Apart from making it easier to maintain (extra tools available, it doesn't go unnoticed if the meaning of the string changes, you don't easily miss strings) this also adds extra flexibility to the system (you can use parameters and handle plural forms).
|Tags||No tags attached.|
This is certainly not for 0.19.0.
This should use something like http://pear.php.net/package/File_Gettext as a fallback for when gettext is not available (as it is often not the case, and I don't think all our users can install it or have it installed).
Anyway, the problem with using "real" gettext is that the .mo files get loaded into Apache's memory, and the only way to clear it out and get it to recognize updated .mo files is to restart Apache, which many of our users will be even less likely to be able to do. I have written an almost total replacement of gettext that we use in our PHP projects. Has a much better replacement mechanism than sprintf as suggested by "real" gettext, we "compile" .po files not into .mo files but into special .php files, etc. The latter would make something like File_Gettext unnecessary.
There is still much to discuss before implementation in Mantis can begin. For example:
TO: achumakov RE: the UTF-8 implementation
But when I started using SQL Query Analyzer to peek and poke directly into the
I found this:http://support.microsoft.com/kb/232580
:-\ gnarly issue
Closed as WONTFIX. Out current i18n implementation could be a lot better, but using gettext is not a requirement.
Mantis was recently added to the products supported by http://translatewiki.net. That platform also supports a gettext export, which makes it possible to work on Mantis using gettext tools.
MantisBT: master 8e6efc67
2011-03-06 03:25:47Details Diff
The "check all" aka "select all" checkboxes should reflect the current
state of the checkboxes they're linked to. If a user clicks on "Select
All" on view_all_bug_page and then proceeds to uncheck some of the
issues one by one, the "Select All" checkbox should no longer be
It should be noted that jQuery doesn't correctly handle
addition/modification/removal of attributes for documents served as
Content-Type: application/xhtml+xml. jQuery bug 0004283 provides further
information at http://bugs.jquery.com/ticket/4283.
|2004-08-06 09:11||jlatour||New Issue|
|2004-08-06 09:11||jlatour||Status||new => assigned|
|2004-08-06 09:16||jlatour||Note Added: 0006691|
|2004-08-06 09:16||jlatour||Projection||none => major rework|
|2004-08-06 09:16||jlatour||ETA||none => < 1 week|
|2004-08-08 04:07||jlatour||Relationship added||child of 0004181|
|2004-08-08 04:07||jlatour||ETA||< 1 week => none|
|2004-08-08 10:20||jlatour||Note Added: 0006818|
|2005-08-07 15:10||ryandesign||Note Added: 0011105|
|2006-09-24 09:01||achumakov||Summary||Use gettext for localisation files => [all lang] Use gettext for localisation files|
|2006-09-24 12:42||vboctor||Assigned To||jlatour =>|
|2006-09-24 12:46||vboctor||Status||assigned => new|
|2007-02-01 18:59||tballister||Note Added: 0013997|
|2008-09-10 17:30||siebrand||Note Added: 0019366|
|2008-09-10 17:30||siebrand||Assigned To||=> siebrand|
|2008-09-10 17:30||siebrand||Status||new => resolved|
|2008-09-10 17:30||siebrand||Resolution||open => won't fix|
|2008-10-18 18:34||giallu||Status||resolved => closed|
|2011-03-05 22:31||dhx||Changeset attached||=> MantisBT master 8e6efc67|