View Issue Details
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0027420||mantisbt||authentication||public||2020-10-21 11:32||2020-11-11 16:32|
|Status||closed||Resolution||no change required|
|Platform||docker||OS||Linux||OS Version||Ubuntu 18.04|
|Summary||0027420: Cannot login due to UTF8 character using LDAP|
I have been using MantisBT using local authentication successfully.
APPLICATION ERROR 0000401
Database query failed. Error received from database was #-1: ERROR: invalid byte sequence for encoding "UTF8": 0xe9 0x67 0x6f for the query: UPDATE mantis_user_mantis SET password=$1 , realname=$2 , email=$3 WHERE id=$4.
Please use the "Back" button in your web browser to return to the previous page. There you can correct whatever problems were identified in this error or select another action. You can also click an option from the menu bar to go directly to a new section.
My user contains accented characters in the real name (CN contains "é"), not in the login identifier.
MantisBT can handle accented characters just fine because another local user has one in their real name field.
I can log in fine with another user who has no accented character (previously not existing in the database).
|Tags||No tags attached.|
I've set priority to "High" by mistake, please lower it.
You did not provide detailed info about the error so I can't be sure, but someone reported what seems to be the exact same issue in our forums. Unfortunately, there was never any update to that post, so I don't know if they managed to fix the problem and how. Maybe you can ask them ?
Note that LDAP API has changed in 2.23.1 so the information in the forum post (especially the log format) may be outdated.
It would be helpful if you could trace what is happening in the ldap_cache_user_data() function, particularly what data is retrieved from LDAP by ldap_get_value() call at line 255; maybe you can add the following
after the foreach loop (line 262) and post your log file here.
Details about your LDAP settings ($g_ldap* in config_in.php) may also be helpful.
Well, I'll be damned, that's actually my post!
I read your forum post reply after I wrote the following anser. Just to report that using protocol v3 did the trcik.
Thank you very much fort your help!
Here's the change and that is working for me:
I have no idea if this could be useful for more people than myself...
Thanks for your help in pointing me to the right place!
P.S.: I'll update my original post in the forum.
Good to hear, thanks for the feedback.