In order to stay up to date with the latest MantisBT news, please star our GitHub repository, follow us on Twitter and retweet to spread the word!
Security and maintenance release, addressing 6 CVEs: an XSS issue, an SQL injection in the SOAP API and several information disclosure issues including a critical one allowing full access to private issues’ contents. All installations are strongly advised to upgrade as soon as possible.
This release also includes a few PHP 8.0 compatibility fixes, including a major one causing an access denied error for all users when updating issues.
- 0020690: [bugtracker] inconsistent UI for view bugnote revision (dregad)
- 0026794: [security] User Account – Takeover (dregad)
- 0027363: [security] Fixed in version can be changed to a version that doesn’t exist (dregad)
- 0027350: [security] When updating an issue, a Viewer user can be set as Reporter (dregad)
- 0027357: [security] Attacker can leak private information via different functionality (dregad)
- 0027728: [security] CVE-2020-29604: Full disclosure of private issue contents, including bugnotes and attachments (dregad)
- 0027727: [security] CVE-2020-29605: Disclosure of private issue summary (dregad)
- 0027726: [security] CVE-2020-29603: Disclosure of private project name (dregad)
- 0027361: [security] Private category can be access/used by a non member of a private project (IDOR) (dregad)
- 0027370: [security] CVE-2020-35849: Revisions allow viewing private bugnotes id and summary (dregad)
- 0027779: [security] CVE-2020-35571: XSS in helper_ensure_confirmed() calls (dregad)
- 0027464: [printing] print_manage_user_sort_link Function Parameter Required after Optional (atrol)
- 0027465: [code cleanup] Declaring a required parameter after an optional one is deprecated in PHP 8 (atrol)
- 0027799: [bugtracker] Adapt Error handler to PHP 8 (dregad)
- 0027806: [bugtracker] Impossible to edit issues with PHP8 (dregad)
- 0027444: [security] Printing unsanitized user input in install.php (atrol)
Many thanks to randomdhiraj, ethicalhcop and d3vpoo1, for identifying and responsibly reporting these security issues.
Go ahead and download the release from our website.