We managed to squeeze in the MantisBT 2.0.0 stable release before the end of 2016. That is a great milestone for both the team and the MantisBT user community. We had very positive feedback on the 2.0.0 release candidates and lots of enquires about when the stable release will be available. So here you go! Happy new year!
The eco-system of plugins and new work in core MantisBT will be focused on the modern UI shipped in 2.0.0, and hence it is highly recommended for users to upgrade to 2.0.0 to benefit from the monthly releases.
- Bootstrap 3.3.6 is used as the basis for the new modern UI (#17919)
- FontAwesome 4.6.3 is now used for icons instead of images (#17919)
- New UI Is based on a theme contributed by Mohsen (#17919).
- Mobile friendly responsive UI (#17919)
- Drag and Drop files to attach them to issues (#19590)
- Modern Graphs using Chartjs for better looking, more interactive, and easier to setup graphs. (#12825)
- Show attachments inline with notes (#21727).
- Most of the plugins were updated to be compatible with the Modern UI. Look for a branch named modern-ui (or check readme.md) on the plugin repositories.
- Custom Functions in favor of Plugins
- News feature – already deprecated
- Project Docs – already deprecated
- Sponsorships – already deprecated
- jQuery-UI – This library will be removed from 2.0.x releases soon.
- DB2 Support
The db schema is the same between 1.3.x and 2.0.0.