This release marks the second “stable” release in the 1.2.x series of MantisBT. The 1.2.x series is now officially feature complete, and this build is ready for official testing in non-critical installations. This release is a good representation of a final 1.2.0 build.
A full changelog for the 1.2.x series can be found on the official site. 
There are many new features added to 1.2.x, including:
- Converted the MantisBT Manual to Docbook format, and added a new Developer’s Guide manual, both of which are compiled and included in every release.
- Implemented a plugin system with many plugins already released 
- Global categories available to all projects, as well as project categories inheriting from parent projects to child projects; both are optional
- Tracked change history for textarea fields (Description, etc) and bug notes
- Customizable sets of columns for View Issues page and export formats
- Combined simple and advanced views into a single, configurable view that allows selecting exactly what fields to show or hide
- Improved roadmap and changelog pages, including version release dates, and permalinks to individual versions
- Marking versions as obsolete to hide them from the roadmap and changelog
- More configuration options for rebranding MantisBT installations
- Improved support for PostgreSQL databases
- Improved support for UTF-8 localizations and content
- Implemented custom search providers for Firefox and Internet Explorer
- Implemented localized timestamps using according to user-preferred timezones
There have also been many improvements to the codebase beyond adding features:
- Migrated to parameterised database queries throughout the codebase for both performance and security improvements
- Added PHPDoc compatible documentation to all internal API’s
- Removed many hardcoded references to access levels and other enumerations, for improved customizability
- Migrated away from DATETIME fields to integer timestamps for timezone usage
- All 3rd party code is now contained within the library/ path, including documentation on library versions and any patches applied
- Initial support for MySQL 6 and PHP 5.3
 MantisForge is now the preferred code collaboration site for MantisBT, including free hosting of MantisBT-related Git repositories for development of contributions to MantisBT itself or community plugins.